Revising invoice to add postage to item price

New years greetings to one and all. 🙂

An item has already been bought (not paid for yet), but the buyer is asking for the postage to be revised to free post with it added on to the item price. E.g. $10 order with $5 postage, revised (after placing the order) to be $15 with free postage.

Sometimes there are discounts available and they only apply to the item price, exclusing postage. Cheers. 🙂

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Once the item has been purchased, you cannot revise the item price. All you can do is discount postage, which would cost you money.

So, no, you can't do it.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Well that is one way of working the system.

It will not have any effect on the fees you pay but I am not sure I would want to be complicit in duping ebay.   You never know how it will end up.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

It's not duping eBay. You must think pretty low of me.

It's simply doing what millions of sellers do, by tacking the postage onto the item price. My question was merely whether that could be done after an item has been purchased, so a buyer can take advantage of a promotion that only includes the item's sale price, excluding postage, to be eligible for the promotion.
Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

No, I don't think you are duping ebay...but your buyer wants to and wants you to help her.

Ebay still gets the same amount from you in fees but has to pay out more to the buyer.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Once the item has been purchased, you cannot revise the item price. All you can do is discount postage, which would cost you money.

So, no, you can't do it.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

No, I don't think you are duping ebay...but your buyer wants to and wants you to help her.

Ebay still gets the same amount from you in fees but has to pay out more to the buyer.

Davewil has confirmed it can't be done anyway but even if it could, it's not duping, especially if it's the exact same price and the exact same fees are paid. eBay takes the exact same fees from postage and item price. PayPal also does that. There is no difference.

For example, if an invoice was for a $10 item with $5 post, the eBay and PayPal fee is exactly the same for a $15 item with free post.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Yes, I said that you are not duping ebay.....BUT your buyer wants to.

The buyer says that they want to have postage included in the price so ebay will pay more in the discount percentage.

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

I reckon you can.  You could remove the postage costs altogether and add the difference in the Seller discounts or charges. 

(DON'T press recalculate)

Just sayin'

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

I reckon you can.  You could remove the postage costs altogether and add the difference in the Seller discounts or charges. 

(DON'T press recalculate)

Just sayin'

Did that but it has to be the actual item price. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Maybe they are wanting to use the 20% discount thing that doesn't include postage.
Message 10 of 36
Latest reply