SELLER'S BEWARE OF THE PROMOTED LISTINGS

A week ago I had several Ebay items set as 10% promotional listings, I subsequently cancelled all promotions on all listings, as I had no interest and no sales after promoting them at least a week at 10%.

Since cancelling ALL promotions on All my listings, I changed tack, to rather than pay Ebay 10% for a promoted listing, I reduced my item prices by 10%, and subsequently sold an item today. 

I read my sales account on Ebay, and for some unbeknown reason to myself, it states, "Sold via Promoted listings" Now it appears for the sale of a $105 item plus $19 postage, Ebay have deducted AU $33.29 from a total $124, at that rate it appears they have paid no attention or consideration to the fact a week back I cancelled and rechecked each cancellation to be non promotional listings. So  Ebay isn't it good enough that you be taking your regular fees, so much so that you now see fit to fleece us all the more for promotional listings that are no longer current?? What gives Ebay, not making enough cash, so much so that now its come to unscrupulous erroneous extraction of pseudo advertising costs that really make less than a hill of beans difference even when they are actually in place.

I would like to make an official complaint to Ebay  Australia disputing the matter of these unjust fees, But as always, they set themselves up as the untouchable unreachable enterprise, that always seems too difficult to make complaints to and issues to be addressed brought forward.

If anyone has an idea how I could contact Ebay Australia to discuss this matter, would be glad to hear from you. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: SELLER'S BEWARE OF THE PROMOTED LISTINGS

eBay is an automated computer system as an advertising platform for buyers and sellers to connect.

As members of this platform agreeing to the terms and conditions the onus is on members to understand the rules /regulations and fees of selling on eBay.

The fees for non promo listings as clearly stated in the fees is around 14 % of total invoiced amount.

Additional fees may apply for subtitles or extras in listings.

If you need to contact eBay, select help at the top of the page and scroll to contact then chat.

Keeping in mind it is a contact centre consulted to script answers on eBay's behalf.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If a potential buyer looks at your promoted add, and then proceeds to buy the item within the next 30 days, it is considered to be sold via promotion, and the promotion rate you had set is applicable.  You will be wasting your time making a formal complaint.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Here is a breakdown of Ebay Fees charged to me on the sale of a $105 AUD item with $19 Postage. Total taken from sale $124, Total extorted by Ebay $38.28 on a $124 total sales take, See Image attached for breakdown of costs.

For Starters there is a $16.37 fee taken as "promotional listing fees", when for a fact I cancelled all promotional listings a week earlier than this sale. Therefore All listings of mine for these items were set at "Not Promoted" "Eligible" and were checked off as such. when listings were edited a week earlier.

That fee for Promotional listing alone is at around 13.5% of $124 and I know for a fact, all my listings bar one were capped at 10 percent, so where did ebay come up with the 13.5%, let alone the fact it should have been 0% for a non promoted item.

Second they seem to think its okay to bill me a second time for their Ebay Plus $4.99 membership against this sale, when in fact that membership fee for $4.99 is an automatic debit already been taken from my bank account a week back. What is this Ebay, April Fools day?Ebay Sales Fee Dispute.jpg

, where you think its okay to take anybody willy nilly for a ride?? This stinks. Get your act together Ebay, and sought this **bleep** out. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

As it states,,,,,,,,,,Item sold via Promoted listing.

See previous  post explaining    sale within 30 days of add promotion

Go to help pages to learn about selling via promotion. ( Recommended before actually using promotions)

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

What if someone looks at my promoted listing but doesn't buy the item right away?

If a buyer clicks on your promoted listing, we only charge the ad fee if they buy your item within 30 days.

What fee am I charged if I revise my listing and change the ad rate?

You will be charged whichever ad rate was active when the buyer last clicked on your promoted listing within the 30-day window. You can't change the ad rate with Promoted Listings Standard .

For example, If a buyer clicks on the same promoted listing three times before making a purchase, you will be charged the ad rate in effect for the click closest to the sale. In this case, that would be the ad rate in effect at the time of the buyer's third click.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

After reading your post I checked my recently sold items & found 2 sales that were charged for promoted listing (none prior).  I used chat & within a few minutes the problem was solved & received a credit for both.  Can't complain about the prompt service from Ebay.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply