SELLER- describes place of ITEM as Australia when actually the goods have to come from CHINA

Item number   

I have recently purchased 2 of the above item on the belief that the items were already in Australia, so the presumption is that you will get the items quickly.  Instead, I find now after doing detailed research that the items are in CHINA, and need to be imported, hence taking 4+ weeks instead of the normal 7 days approx. 

This is deceptive for the consumer and very misleading which is not fair and imposes an uncontrolled delay in receiving the articles.

I will definitely give this vendor a 0 score in his/her feedback when it comes to completing the transaction.

Cannot eBay do something about this type of misleading information to consumers????????????

Lyn

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

SELLER- describes place of ITEM as Australia when actually the goods have to come from CHINA

eBay HO can report to eBay China but they won't do anything to stop the progression of the almighty China for world domination.

Use filters for searches i.e. Aust only and check where the seller is registered.

Untitled.png

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

For future purchases, no need to do detailed research . one click on the number next to the seller's name shows where they are registered and below that is their feedback

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@omegatree3 wrote:

Item number   

I will definitely give this vendor a 0 score in his/her feedback when it comes to completing the transaction.

To be the devil's advocate,  the item does not say they are in Australia - they say the item is in Australia.   "AU Stock"

and their postage details show 18 days delivery. - not 7 days

Feedback should be  based only on the transaction.     So if the item is received within the stated time  you could not leave a 0 for postage.

Maybe if you could see by the parcel that it comes from overseas, that would be a case for not as described.   Maybe a long score for that?

What is UBI postage anyway?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

And blind freddie could have seen that they are not in Australia by their feedback alone -   the time for "detailed research"  was before buying, not after. 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your comments about my problem - I have nothing against Chinese imports as long as I know that that is where it is coming from, so if I need something fairly quickly (like I do in this case) I know I don't have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive in Australia.  

thanks for the ID information - I will certainly do that from now on

cheers, Lyn

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for the links for this subject - appreciate the time.

Won't stop the wheel from turning  this almighty supply into Australia, but I'll certainly be more careful before clicking the 'buy' button.  

Cheers

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

The item details have been revised post purchase. On my original purchase 12/3 stated delivery 22-29 March, now been revised to mid april.
Yes now much more aware of the finer details, so will be far more careful in future. Completely no idea what UBI postage is - that probaby should have been my warning signal!
Thanks for the comments, cheers,
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

thank you for the quick comments, cheers
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply