Safe Drop

mmmm....wish I knew where it was safe dropped, but was not at my house..!!safedrop.jpg...!!!!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Safe Drop

Aust Post hard at work ๐Ÿค”

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Is that the photo AP supplied when you queried about a missing item?  Looks like it is inside a wall cavity!

They need to stand back a bit and show what it is they are taking a photo of.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I thought it looked like the inside of a fuse box Woman Surprised

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I had a 'safe drop' last week - express post from interstate > Adelaide....took 1 day....and in BIG LETTERS on the satchel was 'DO NOT SAFE DROP".....go figure??
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
I had a 'safe drop' last week - express post from interstate > Adelaide....took 1 day....and in BIG LETTERS on the satchel was 'DO NOT SAFE DROP".....go figure??

That's because Aus Post no longer return packages to a PO for collection for free (they used to give out 'do not safe drop' stickers, or allow it as a delivery instruction, but the stickers were discontinued and if it's on a parcel it will be ignored). The only way a package won't be safe dropped is when signature on delivery is paid for (and even then it's not guaranteed Smiley Sad ).

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

how long has that been in place? I always ask for 'do not safe drop' and this is the first time they have ignored it
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

....another money spinner?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
how long has that been in place? I always ask for 'do not safe drop' and this is the first time they have ignored it

A couple of years if memory serves. One of the many downgrades in service standards while prices rose. Aus Post even lied about it at the time (the option to select "return to nearest PO if no one's home" disappeared from click & send as a delivery instruction to select and "leave in a safe place" became the only one in the list, and back when Alice (rep from Aus Post) still used to post here, she said that it was a technical glitch and they were working on bringing back. They never did (this doesn't necessarily mean that Alice herself knowingly lied, just that someone did), and Aus Post just quietly discontinued the stickers. Some sellers decided to get as many rolls as they could at the time, so would still have them, made their own or will otherwise mark a package as 'do not safe drop', but most posties have been explicitly advised to ignore it. 

Some might still follow it and return packages if they can't find a safe place to leave them, or if it's convenient, or if they never got the memo to ignore it. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

OMG....thankyou, I must have missed it
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply