Sales Conversions

I know before I ask this that the whole issue is convoluted with many variables involved, but sales conversion rates? I mean, I know our items are not everyday commodity needs and wants and what we sell is somewhat niche market, but is 1.3 to 2.0% an appropriate number do you think, of should we be having a close look at a few things?

It  take two or three listings to clear most stock and then we do end up with residuals to think about and come  up with some way over clearing them.

Its very slow at the moment. Page views way down.

Hard question to answer, I know.

Thanks,

Melina.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sales Conversions

To be honest, I tend to look at stats like that once in a blue moon, and usually out of an obligatory sense of curiosity... Smiley Embarassed

Part of it may be that while I find the numbers interesting, and I can interpret them well enough, I lack the ability to translate them into any sort of strategy. I mean, I have a decent grasp on marketing strategies that might increase conversions (promotions, sales and so on), but they help in general, no matter what your stats are, and these metrics won't tell you why someone didn't click on your listing (impressions doesn't even clarify if they saw it, because while it may have been in their search results, it still could have been on page 5 and they only looked at 1-2 pages), and it won't show you why someone decided not to buy, because that isn't a numbers thing (one thing I do know for sure, if someone wants to buy something, they'll do so whether there's a promo or not, by which I mean a promo might tip an undecided person over the edge, but no one has ever said "I really want this, but I can't get 10% off another item I don't really need, so... no deal!". 

With niche items, I tend to feel that a constant and consistent presence is preferable, because there's a difference between someone thinking "I'll see if X item is on eBay", and "I'll see if (eg) clubsquire has what I want". I mentioned this in a different thread, but I think you may benefit by mixing strategies a little, and possibly adding some consumables that people who already have the kind of products you sell might need to  purchase on a regular basis, and those listings I'd also consider making fixed price, GTC, rather than auctions or 30-days with manual relists. That way you could potentially build up a solid sales history on a perpetual listing, thus increasing some best match rankings on those products and raising your profile, and hopefully gain some regulars, as well. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Sales Conversions

Oh! Thank you Ghost. So much merit in what you suggest.

Yes we'll definitely give it a try.

Thanks ever so much.

Melina.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply