Hands up for permanent 100 listings per day!

Hands up for permanent 100 listings per day!!!

After the last months promotions, for me and I imagine many others, it has proved such a win win situation. My sales have been up again and at acceptable prices, I can list all that I have for sale rather than having to pick and choose items that I want to use free listings on and I have concentrated more on ebay sales rather than finding other avenues to sell. Ebay have received more fees from me than they have in quite a long time and have had desirable designer items listed on their site that their users are constantly chasing. WIN WIN.

Now I am sitting here two days into the month having used my 40 free listings with no intention of paying to list more, or to open a store and instead wondering where else I can sell the unlisted items for free....So unfortunetly for ebay it has not made me rely on them or change my behavior so I list once again paying listing fees. Back to LOSE LOSE.

So lets let ebay know loud and clear with a like or a comment, that we LOVED their promotion and would like to see it continue permanently. Selling without the inital cost and risk makes me not mind the FVF of 10.9%.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I hear ya but tell that to eBay

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

It's a Great Dream but not everyone got them and Ebay won't listen to any Good suggestions.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

utebns
Community Member

I of the exact same opinon! 

The drama i have, is that i have new stock to sell but a heap of unsold items that are not sitting in my account. 

They are stale, but will sell eventually when blended with newer listed items to capatalise on multi buys from customers. 

I refuse to pay for the relist costs of these so, unfortunatly they'll ended up sitting ther and being waisted untill i get a heaps of free listings again and can eithr list them before they are deleted from ebay, or i have to literally sit and relist evrything over again when a better promotion starts. 

My fees have been hundeds a month just on the fvf, rather than the all time $50 low when im only able to list 40 per month. From a buisness mind like ebay, i know id rather allow the frees and get the money on the fvf sales, however i also think its been great for their game planing on letting people like myself list like mad then have to pay to relist all the unsold items befoe they are deleted by ebay for sitting in the uncole account list for 30 days. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yeah that is why I refuse to get rid of my outdated Turbolister. It is glitchy but at least I have them stored elsewhere and don't feel the pressure to relist before they disappear in my ebay. Who knows how long before Turbo will be RIP and unlinked to ebay though, I see it's death in the future for this exact reason but it will still not make me pay for insertion fees unfortunately for ebay.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

That is what I am trying to do. Rather than whinging I would like to thank them for a great month and if they get large numbers of people telling them the same, they may just listen 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I didnt get the offer and I dont even qualify for the 3 free relists, so its 40 a month for me.  At least I have time to do other stuff I suppose.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Try revising your listings on your mobile app rather than pc and on the last page you may find a surprise 🙂
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

After the last months promotions, for me and I imagine many others, it has proved such a win win situation. My sales have been up again and at acceptable prices, I can list all that I have for sale rather than having to pick and choose items that I want to use free listings on and I have concentrated more on ebay sales rather than finding other avenues to sell. Ebay have received more fees from me than they have in quite a long time and have had desirable designer items listed on their site that their users are constantly chasing. WIN WIN.

Now I am sitting here two days into the month having used my 40 free listings with no intention of paying to list more, or to open a store and instead wondering where else I can sell the unlisted items for free....So unfortunetly for ebay it has not made me rely on them or change my behavior so I list once again paying listing fees. Back to LOSE LOSE.

So lets let ebay know loud and clear with a like or a comment, that we LOVED their promotion and would like to see it continue permanently. Selling without the inital cost and risk makes me not mind the FVF of 10.9%.

You have sold 85 items in the last couple of months which at your average price is around $3000 worth. You say you " have no intention of paying to open a store " and want to sell your items " for free "................... Sorry, but I just dont get it.............. You want access to the largest online market for used goods in Australia and globally. You have seen from the promotional offer that you can make reasonable sales on the site, due to its large customer base, but you are not prepared to pay the thirty odd dollars per month basic store fee to fund the cost of running the joint.

Instead you would prefer to list on one of the other free sites where you still need to do as much work listing to sell maybe 20% of the stock you would sell on ebay.  You will have to put up with the low ball, silly offers, constant messaging and then having to try to keep track of who has paid for what as the stock control systems are not in place on other sites. .

Its your perogative of course, but it seems like false economy to me.

Sorry, but I just dont understand this attitude that everyone should do everything for me for free and I shouldnt contribute to the expense of the services I use. If the people who use the service are not willing to pay for it, how does it keep running, who does pay ??? .

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

After the last months promotions, for me and I imagine many others, it has proved such a win win situation.

I understand what you are saying but 100 listings is quite a lot. I imagine the whole point of the ebay promotion was to entice people such as yourself-people who do have a fair bit of stock to sell-to consider opening an ebay store.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply