Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

tstore
Community Member
Interesting to have heard from other sellers that there have been next to no sales from 28th-1st March. Over last two days just 2 items have sold which is unheard off for us

In addition, we have had more than usual international sales to Europe. I think there is an issue with the eBay servers or have something to do with the Seller Dashboard being upgraded.

Basically eBay taps have been turned off. Interested in other seller's experiences over this weekend?
Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

This morning I wrote an email to eBay about this search problem.

They answered me just now. Wow! Quick.

Here is the answer I got:

"Thanks for contacting eBay about the error you encountered when searching an item within a specific location.

We apologise for any inconvenience this error has caused you. We are fully aware of the situation. We have received the similar reports from other members who are also trying to search items by filtering it by location. This has already been reported to our Technical Team and they are still on the process of fixing this error.

I appreciate your patience on this matter. Have a nice day!

Regards,
Azabelle L. 
eBay Customer Support"

Message 31 of 77
Latest reply

Yes its annoying because it happens for every big company. Apple Appstore and Google Playstore used to be flourished with indie devs until the big corps came in and monopolised the market, it just so difficult these days to get some exposure without Apple always support big companies.

eBay seemed to be this way too but I think they are slowly moving away from supporting small business and giving priority to bigger companies an easier time to advertise and sell blah blah blah..

Rich gets richer and poor gets poorer... man I just seem to never escape from it

Message 32 of 77
Latest reply

Appears to have been fixed now.

Just ran the same search again and there are no O/S sellers in the results when you choose Australia-Only.

How it should be.

Our stuff is now back up inside the top 20 or so where it should be.

Now let's see if sales pick up again.

Message 33 of 77
Latest reply

oh goodie .. fixed. I've had several sales this evening. First for days...

Message 34 of 77
Latest reply

I've had 4 today, most of which predated the fix. About twice an average day.

Admittedly my items don't attract cheap Chinese knockoffs. Or any sort of knockoff.

Message 35 of 77
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Have not had a single sale since the fix. Last sale was at 4am ... What gives??
Message 36 of 77
Latest reply

Neither have I. My last was around midday. 3 before doing the mail run at 12.30 and nothing else since. Usually do around 10 on a Thursday!

Message 37 of 77
Latest reply

We have only had one sale this evening. Normally weekends are a bit slower for us.

But usually on a Friday night we get 10 or so.

So its still slow.

Message 38 of 77
Latest reply

I'm not really that savvy when it comes to searching on ebay.  However, I just did a search on books (which is what I normally list in my store) and then I selected Australia Only and... then I selected Completed listings.  Presumably this brings up all the completed listings.  Either it's not loading up the most up to date list, or most completed listings (as of now) are for 6 March and the last sold item (in green) was also 6 March (yesterday).  

I've had very slow days but I've always known long standing stores continued to do ok.  However, a whole day of no sales across the board for books?  Seems odd.  

Message 39 of 77
Latest reply

I'm having the same issues with slow sales.

I've been selling more to the Yanks than Aussies in the last few days!

Sales have been very strange too as they seem to come in bursts.

Sell almost nothing for a day or so then a sudden rush.

It's almost like a switch being thrown somewhere?

Definitely a highly atypical sales pattern and it doesn't seem to be search related.

That's even though the search engine is an abomination!

My hubby is totall bemused by the weirdness of it and he's a programmer.

He thinks they should have just subbed the job out to Google lol.

Personally, I think the glitchyness of eBay lately has just turned buyers off.

If site features aren't working properly and servers are slow to respond why persist?

I see the bounce rates have gone right up too.

Message 40 of 77
Latest reply