Seller Ratings and Feedback

2 Topics here

First Topic, Seller Ratings

Buyers now and again do not receive an item because they are not home when Aust Post arrives, they claim did not see the card or what ever and then all of a sudden they send a request "where is my item, not recevied"  Often when this happens a quick phone call to the buyer sorts it out and then they close the case.

So then why does E-Bay call this a defect which then affects the seller rating.  Especially when we put the tracking details into the item on the day it is sent which for us is often the same day or always by the following day.

Looking through our 19 defects which have taken us from top rated back to above standard, 5 of these 19 were items claimed not to have been recevied when all were sent and 4 of these were still waiting at the post office for the buyer to collect and 1 had been returned to us because the buyer thought we should drive from Vic to Qld and hand deliver it (yes unfortunately I am deadly serious)

This moves me onto the next topic...Feedback
I have had 2 Negative in the last few months, one I have absolutely no idea why, was left nearly 2 months after item received and no response to messages.  Second item again buyer made claims and refused to return messages or calls to try and resolve.  There is nothing we can do about either of these apparently because the "buyer said so"

2 Nutrals, 1 was our fault, we messed up but did resolve, unfortunately buyer thought neutral was appropiate and can not argue even though we let him keep the wrong part for no cost and sent replacement.  Second Neutral however buyer purchased incorrect item (were tyres), never paid and never turned up.  Claimes we had wrong hours showing which was not the case.  E-Bay state that buyer has to remove or resolve and tuff luck for us if he does not

All this makes it very hard sometimes to do business on e-bay, has anyone found solutions to these issues.  Is not always the sellers fault.  I notice PayPal now hold funds immediately if a buyer claims an issue has happened, have 1 at the moment where buyer brought incorrect item, refuses to return it but PayPal have held funds.  Not fair on the seller at all

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Seller Ratings and Feedback

He gave 3 stars, so wouldn't have got that message. Whoever decided that not receiving something meant it wasn't as described must have been sniffing glue or something that day. It's crazy. As I said in my inital email, how can someone say something isn't as described if they have never laid eyes on it? Clearly they agreed with me!

With having 3 defects removed in as many weeks, I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't try and get the others removed (this last one just about bumped me off TRS - 1.55%). 2 of them were justified though. I missed a tiny defect in the items (which could only be seen under maginification) so instead of the buyer contacting me, he gave me 2 negs and 1 star for everything ( including postage time, even though I posted within 2 hours of him paying). It was my fault, I should have put them under the microscope. The other ones were just malicious which in hindsight I probably could have got removed. Not to worry. One falls off next week and the others early next year.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

@wendshee wrote:

He gave 3 stars, so wouldn't have got that message. 

Ah, ok - I can kind of understand the rationale behind that, since 3 is 'neither accurate nor inaccurate', so from the buyer's perspective (especially if they don't really know how the whole DSR / defect system works) it's the closest to "I dunno", which, for that to result in a defect, IMO says a lot about eBay's flawed thinking and system. 

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

I have had defects for item not recieved requests removed when tracking shows delivery or awaiting pick up predating the request being made.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 23 of 23
Latest reply