Seller Ratings and Feedback

2 Topics here

First Topic, Seller Ratings

Buyers now and again do not receive an item because they are not home when Aust Post arrives, they claim did not see the card or what ever and then all of a sudden they send a request "where is my item, not recevied"  Often when this happens a quick phone call to the buyer sorts it out and then they close the case.

So then why does E-Bay call this a defect which then affects the seller rating.  Especially when we put the tracking details into the item on the day it is sent which for us is often the same day or always by the following day.

Looking through our 19 defects which have taken us from top rated back to above standard, 5 of these 19 were items claimed not to have been recevied when all were sent and 4 of these were still waiting at the post office for the buyer to collect and 1 had been returned to us because the buyer thought we should drive from Vic to Qld and hand deliver it (yes unfortunately I am deadly serious)

This moves me onto the next topic...Feedback
I have had 2 Negative in the last few months, one I have absolutely no idea why, was left nearly 2 months after item received and no response to messages.  Second item again buyer made claims and refused to return messages or calls to try and resolve.  There is nothing we can do about either of these apparently because the "buyer said so"

2 Nutrals, 1 was our fault, we messed up but did resolve, unfortunately buyer thought neutral was appropiate and can not argue even though we let him keep the wrong part for no cost and sent replacement.  Second Neutral however buyer purchased incorrect item (were tyres), never paid and never turned up.  Claimes we had wrong hours showing which was not the case.  E-Bay state that buyer has to remove or resolve and tuff luck for us if he does not

All this makes it very hard sometimes to do business on e-bay, has anyone found solutions to these issues.  Is not always the sellers fault.  I notice PayPal now hold funds immediately if a buyer claims an issue has happened, have 1 at the moment where buyer brought incorrect item, refuses to return it but PayPal have held funds.  Not fair on the seller at all

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

saarzi
Community Member

1. re: negs for resolves did not turn up cases...  I have had this happen a few times to me, and I never received a neg for it. Maybe its one of those cases where a neg is applied and auto-removed a few weeks later. Either way, I have no idea why you are receiving perm negs for this, as Ive been in the same situation and have not. Maybe someone else has an answer.

2. re: unable to resolve neg / neut because no contact from buyer. I dont really understand why some sellers think that contacting a buyer and offering them a million dollars or anything less should change their original experience from a negative one to a positive one. SOME buyers might end up giving a positive because you helped fix the issue, and thats great.  But many wont, and they are under absolutely ZERO obligation to do so. They dont have to respond to you at all, ever. Generally, a neg is from personal opinion, and you cant prove that wrong.  So you have a neg "just because buyer says so"?  Yes. exactly.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Little bit confused with the reply to be honest

Who is giving millions of $$ to fix things.  When I attempt to contact a person giving bad feedback it is to find out what part of the purchase they had issue with so if there was an issue at our end then we know about it and can do something about it.  How does a business improve when we can not find out what we apparently did wrong in the first place.  The person who left negative on day 59, no contact was made, the comments were horrible to the point that E-Bay removed the comment but nothing else.

In so far as saying negs for resolves, what on earth does that mean.  What I am saying is someone has not collected an item, clearly has been sent as they have been sent the item tracking number, Aust Post shows is awaiting collection but they still are too stupid and lazy to call or look up Aust post and expect us to do so for them.  To get this started they open an un received item case instead of just senting a message, this then sticks to our account as a defect on a purchase even when it has been resolved and clearly is not our fault as we DID send the item in the time specified.

Another thing e-bay needs to do is understand Aust Post new shipping times as items are taking up to a week just to get across Melbourne

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

if items are taking up to a week to go to the same state , are you talking about tracked parcels or envelopes ,if you are talking about tracking parcels,[why are you still using them mmmmmmmm]

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Joe, please get off your hobby horse advising sellers to stop using Australia Post because they can be slow.

For many sellers it is not an option to use a courier....small and inexpensive items become too costly when a courier is used.

Not to mention that many buyers....including me....will not buy from a seller who uses a courier unless it is completely unavoidable.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

there are lots of others things not just couriers 

there was a post a month ago about 2 other services and they do sachels even cheaper than aust post.

pack and send  and another one plus office works.

i sent yesterday 2 parcels to different suburbs in perth from melbourne  10 and 11 kg   $11.22  each

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Pack and Send and Officeworks ARE courier services.

Pack and Send uses different couriers depending on the service required.....even international.

Officeworks uses Fastway, which are arguably the most complained about courier company in Australia.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

there was one company that were offering sachels cheaper than aust post   , i dont think it was pack and send but similar ,

all i am saying is look around .  everybody is now complaining about ebay delivery dates , as someone has said they come from aust post, but nobody complains to aus post , why dont all of you complain to them , 

also about 4pm we just got a parcel droped at my door , no doorbell usage as i could see him , but he was driving a normal everyday car  very strange, is this normal for parcels to come in a car .

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Is it ticking?

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

If an AP contractor has a small delivery area they can use a van a car or a station wagon or any other vehicle of their own choosing.  Contractors don't have to use a Van but most of them have large enough deliver areas that the need them.  It is a bit hard to fit 80+ parcels of various sizes into anything less than a Van....and that is the number of parcels couriers are required to deliver in a day.

I have had AP personnel from my local PO drop things off here on their way home.....using their own vehicles.

Does it really matter....you got your parcel?

All the delivery services that are not run by Australia Post are using some sort of courier service.  Yes, they probably can offer cheaper satchels than AP....based on the number of pieces sent each day they get very good rates from the mainstream couriers who do not handle one off parcels from small time sellers.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply