Seller cancelling sale

Hello to all.

I’m in slight conundrum. I had a buy now listing with best offer. The buyer sent an offer through, I declined it & sent a counteroffer to them which they accepted. They then paid immediately. About 24 hours later they sent a request to cancel sale, no explanation given just simply can I cancel the sale.  I have now written to them twice with no reply from them asking for a reason or explanation in the hope that any problem they have can be resolved but have had no reply.  I don’t know what to do. I’m in two minds,

1-buyer sent me an offer to buy, a counteroffer was sent to buy now  & buyer  accepted then paid, it wasn’t an auction so buyer owns it now,no cancellation accepted.

2-accept the buyer’s ignorance & stupidity, lose the sale, cancel  it & realist the item.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

item hasn’t been sent yet, was due to send today but held off waiting for buyers reply.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller cancelling sale

eBay help pages say (to buyers), if seller does not cancel a sale upon request to wait until you receive it then initiate a return request. Probably less hassle for you if you just cancel it. Remember to cancel the unused postage label too!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Seller cancelling sale

Always cancel as mentioned it is less hassle in the long run. For some strange reason I usually find the item sells a few weeks later at full price.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Seller cancelling sale

If a buyer has changed their mind, there is zero benefit in keeping the transaction open and communicating with them. If you insist on sending the item, be prepared for things to go southwards.

Just cancel the sale and move on. Add them to your blocked list.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Seller cancelling sale

If you ignore their request for any reason,  they will leave you negative feedback.

Cancel it,  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Seller cancelling sale

I agree with the others, just cancel it. Use the problem with buyers address option so you don't get a defect.

If you don't accept the cancellation, you run the risk of the buyer damaging the item upon arrival and then claiming not as described so they don't have to pay return postage. You are then out the money and you have a damaged item that you probably can't resell. Trust me, buyers will damage an item to get what they want. Chances are they may have found it cheaper elsewhere. You don't need to know their reason for wanting to cancel.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Seller cancelling sale

You get a defect for cancellation of an order at the buyers request?? First I heard & that sucks if it’s how it goes. Not sellers fault the buyers a knob & wants to cancel the sale

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Seller cancelling sale

Read back - if - and you should cancel - use the reason - change of mind on the part of the buyer or problem with their address - you get choices for cancelling.

This way you will not get a defect nor can they leave neg feedback - if they do it can be removed.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply