Seller not paying for item and not replying to emails

Okay, having trouble with buyer, this person purchased  my 7 inch android tablet , I sent the invoice , she replied she could drop by and pickup next day. I sent the address and I waited and waited and waited 7days later and after many emails . still no reply. I opened a not payment case. Yet no reply after another 7days. So i decided to go to the address of the buyer. ( Maybe she forgot or something)  the buyer was there , but she didnt have cash on her, told me to comeback next day.

I came back , she was having a party and told me she would come around and pick it up , and yet another 4 days past and no one came. I got fed up and and re listed the tablet. then an email came with reply of "re list item"  no apology or anything.

Now ebay says I can't leave negative feedback, but she can.  WHy ? she says " I made her feel uncomfortable coming to her house.

I've quested for her to change her negative feedback to me, but with the drama i went thru she won't reply.  ibet

Can ebay remove the negative feedback !  I didn't do anything wrong. she's at fault   this is unfair to me.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Seller not paying for item and not replying to emails

didn't you realise that if the buyer funded the payment with a credit card they could do a bank chargeback up to 12 months later and because you have no seller protection for a pick up item Paypal would refund and take the money from you.

I am totally aware of this and have been involved in buying and selling on the internet and B&M for over 30 years now so don't assume I am naive to credit card practices.

In all those years I have only ever had 2 charge backs that I can recall and one of them went in my favour because of the backups I put in place..

It's all about covering yourself and using the legislation correctly that are put in place to protect both buyer and seller.

You can please some of the people all of the time

All of the people some of the time

But you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Ebay Member since 2001
Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Judging by a few recent threads it does not always follow that because they have paid in advance they will definitely come to pick up,  there have been a few sellers lately asking what they should do as the buyer has paid weeks earlier but will not make arrangements to come and collect.

There is a simple fix to this, contact the buyer and ask them to arrange a time that is mutually agreeable within the next seven days to come and pick up the item , if you do not contact me within the next 48 hours to do this I will put the item into storage for 30 days and after this point it will be put back up for sale and you will receive a refund minus storage and any costs incurred by myself.

At any time during the 30 day storage you may pay the storage fees and any other costs incurred by myself and pick up the item.

Yours sincerely

Bla Bla

Ebay Member since 2001
Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

didn't you realise that if the buyer funded the payment with a credit card they could do a bank chargeback up to 12 months later 

P.S. This can and does happen even with seller protection.

Ebay Member since 2001
Message 23 of 23
Latest reply