Seller using second account to increase bids

How can you tell if a seller is using a second account to increase his bids.

As there seems to be a seller in Australia that listed a item for sale last Sunday which i bidded on but didn't win ,which didn't bother me.

But on Monday he relisted the same item again ,which was supposed to been sold ,so i decided to put a small bid on it again to see what happens So as soon as i bid sure enough after about 10 Minutes i get the out bidded notice..

That is Why i believe this seller is the one bumping up the bids ., As other people are selling the same item and are not getting any bids

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

maybe we can help better if you put the item numbers

maybe he had two of the same item

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Please post an item number or two.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The first buyer's 2-year-old probably accidentally bid on the item and the sale was subsequently cancelled and the item relisted.  There are plenty of possible scenarios for it being relisted.  If you're bidding on it why wouldn't someone else be as well?  Some people never want anything until someone else wants it.

Is the ID of the other bidder the same as the person who won the first time?  I know it doesn't show the full ID but if the alias (eg. a***b) is the same as on the previous item it's very suspicious.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply