Sellers listings require feedback or blocked

Thoughts please on Sellers listing practises as stated on all listings
Any buyer who does not complete transaction with feedback or leaves neg will be blocked from future auctions.
Is this against eBay policy ??
Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: Sellers listings require feedback or blocked

I have no problem with how this was delivered refer back on thread please that was a separate issue that other's discussed not me .
Message 61 of 74
Latest reply

Message 62 of 74
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

The travel policy indicates that vouchers for travel services can be sold. 

Travel services and how they are required to be sold should not IMO be compared gift cards. There are very specific listing and sale requirements to list travel on eBay.

There is nothing in the travel policy or tickets policy for that matter that requires a voucher is hard copy. 

Actually, I just reread the policy, and if I've missed something, please let me know, but there is this:

"eBay will not permit listings of travel club memberships or "choice travel" certificates or items of a similar nature. Travel Club memberships include any service, cards or identification number that purports to give the holder the free right or discounted travel, that is, certificates that entitle the holder to some travel related benefit such as free or low cost hotel stays. Choice Travel certificates are documents that are not issued directly by a single provider of travel, but by travel wholesalers, consolidators, or other middleman travel sellers. These certificates generally offer the holder free or low cost travel services with a choice of multiple hotel chains, resorts or airlines, with the exact location often being at the choice of the buyer or seller. In many cases the use of these services require additional purchases and are in violation of eBay's fee circumvention policy, as such these items may not be listed on eBay by any user."

The seller is listing a voucher that then gives the buyer a choice of locations for free accomodation, so to me it seems it is not allowed. (Edit: On second thought, they're probably referring to vouchers that specify free, so disregard Smiley LOL )

If this "I have no problem with how this was delivered refer back on thread please that was a separate issue that other's discussed not me ." was directed at me, I was attempting to address the issue others have been debating throughout the thread regarding the sale of digitally delivered goods; I'm aware it's a separate issue, however most of your questions relate to whether the seller's practices are allowed (after the fact), so I think discussing other aspects of the listing /sale that may not be allowed under eBay's policies, is relevant.

Message 63 of 74
Latest reply

Yes you missed the first part. My underlining.

Providers of Travel: A business that actually provides the travel service, such as airlines, trains, coach companies, cruise operators, hotels or resorts may list items such as their own gift certificates, packages or services.

The seller in question is a subsidiary of a company that owns timeshare accommodation

The listing is not a choice listing it is for particular accommodation - with some contingency if a booking date is not available  which is pretty standard in the industry.  Multiple hotel or chain choices are not being offered.

*sigh*

Message 64 of 74
Latest reply

I do agree that there are many issues in this sellers listings that need to be seriously addressed and I thank you for bringing these issues forward and yes they are very relevant !
Message 65 of 74
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Yes you missed the first part. My underlining.

Providers of Travel: A business that actually provides the travel service, such as airlines, trains, coach companies, cruise operators, hotels or resorts may list items such as their own gift certificates, packages or services.

The seller in question is a subsidiary of a company that owns timeshare accommodation

The listing is not a choice listing it is for particular accommodation - with some contingency if a booking date is not available  which is pretty standard in the industry.

*sigh*

I wasn't trying to say it was a choice listing - that's a whole 'nother thing, plus I realised after I posted that I probably misunderstood the kind of vouchers eBay are referring to with that policy.

So yes, I did miss something, then I misunderstood something else. I'm on a roll. One more for three for three. ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 66 of 74
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

So yes, I did miss something, then I misunderstood something else. I'm on a roll. One more for three for three. ๐Ÿ˜„

Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOL  SNAP ... Story of my life ..

Message 67 of 74
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:
Maybe read the ebay guidelines on voucher selling.

OP whilst I think the sellers request for feedback in a limited timeframe before someone has even used their accommodation is dodgy - they do note their conditions of sale in their listing upfront and it is quite clear that customer service and communication are not high on their priorities so there should not be any real surprise about their blocking you IMO

I read the eBay guidlines on the sale of travel services including accommodation, as did the eBay rep and the Trust and Safety Person with whom they were corresponding.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 68 of 74
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

DG there is a link to travel services ebay policy posted earlier in the thread and there are several additional and different conditions in relation to selling travel and accomodation on eBay.

Yes, I read that. But the listing isn't for accommodation, it's for a voucher. What the voucher entitles the bearer to (in my mind) should be irrelevant, because the item for sale is a voucher only.

Same as when someone lists a gift card to a specific store. It has a set value, and allows the customer to access goods at the store to that value, but you could only ever say that it was a gift card for sale.

eBay happened to agree with you

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 69 of 74
Latest reply

Really.

How unusual when eBays travel listing policy allows for: A business that actually provides the travel service, such as airlines, trains, coach companies, cruise operators, hotels or resorts may list items such as their own gift certificates, packages or services

Having an interest in a company that sells services (not accomodation) I am very interested to get clarification on how buyers are expected to redeem their purchase if a voucher or certificate is not issued for them to do so as the purchaser of a service.

Perhaps you can share a little more, about what exactly you reported to Trust and Safety and a bit more of eBays response.

Message 70 of 74
Latest reply