Sellers should be able to leave buyers negative feedback

Like the title says Sellers should be able to leave buyers negative feedback. It is unfair, i understand that some sellers may abuse that system but things should be equal in my opinion, they get to leave us negative feedback but we have to choose positive or nothing at all especially when transactions go pear shapped.That is just something i don't agree with on Ebay it is unfair to us sellers who get misstreated.

Rant Over.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sellers should be able to leave buyers negative feedback

If a buyer is a time waster who stuffs sellers around I doubt very much that a few negative feedbacks will make them change their ways - a leopard doesn't change its spots. I find that the most effective course of action is to issue them a strike and/or put them on the blocked list, then forget about them.

It might give you a moments gratification to say something negative about them in 80 characters or less but will it really make any difference in the long run? I don't think so.

If someone has the IQ of a cockroach, negative feedback isn't suddenly going to turn them into an intelligent personSmiley LOL

There will always be problem buyers among the vast majority of good ones and thanks to the tools eBay has provided we can protect ourselves from them and make sure that we don't have to encounter each one more than once.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

When would a buyer get kicked off ebay?

Not that it is super important for me to know as I mainly buy now, but I used to sell once.

As far as I am concerned, if a buyer with very low feedback bids on items and never pays, never communicates (I have read such buyers exist), then I think it should be a case of 3 strikes and you're out.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I agree completely. I've just had a buyer who is telling obvious lies about the item she received - claiming a string of beads was short, when I packed them myself - they string is crimped at one end and has a loop at the other - impossible for them to fall off - they have to be cut off. I got about 8 abusive emails from her - accusing me of lying about the number of beads, etc.. Cost was only $3.99, yet she's taken at least an hour of my time and finished by saying "Horrible service - just forget it!" I wish I could - I don't need a stress headache from someone's apparent attempt to get a refund for a legitimate sale.

I wrote to eBay about this issue once and the response was that they thought buyers prefereed positive feedback! OMG.

R
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Feedback is allegedly a way of informing other members of the community about issues we've had though - so being unable to leave negative feedback makes the whole system a fraud.

R
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

There are probably more appropriate threads that have been started/replied to in the last over 4 months.

Follow eBay/Paypal procedures and you will have no problems. For most items, otherwise come back here with specifics - in a new thread. Unless you only want to leave the buyer a neg. Which you can't and haven't been able to for most of your time on eBay.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply