Selling 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) Is this Fraud/Deception?

ra7250
Community Member
I am selling a 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) people are buying them for $200 I said it does not include the PS4,ect is that called Fraud,Deception? Ect I have clearly stated that they are the Original Boxes and comes with a brand new HDMI.

Link to the items : http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Off-First-Buyer-500Gb-PS4-Jet-Black-Original-Box-HDMI-Brand-New-in-the-B...
Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Selling 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) Is this Fraud/Deception?

The apple boxes have been relisted. Maybe the OP did take notice because the ad now clearly states they are boxes only. Still not sure how they come up with the BIN of $1,500 when you can buy the box with the item in it for less. They require immediate payment of said $1,500. I wonder if they realise that once someone places a bid that the BIN option disappears and so does the option of immediate payment. BAWAHAHAHAHAHA! This is getting fun to watch. I love watching the people digging their own grave.

Message 41 of 66
Latest reply

okay, others have commented on your Opening Post so I will concentrate on your listing for Apple Watch Series 1 42mm (Gold) Midnight Blue Band (Band) in this post.

This listing is fraudulent and highly deceptive.  Here is the text of your listing with "Blank line" added by me for each blank line in your description.  As stated by another poster, these gaps/blank lines add to the deceptive nature of your listings.

"Why spend $400 on a new one when you can get one for 3/4 of the price!!! SAVE $100! Buy it now for $300! Buy the Apple Watch 42mm (Gold) Series 1 Midnight Blue Band! Only!

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Blank line

Only Includes : Apple Watch Series 2 42mm (Gold) Midnight Blue Band Only! It does not include the Apple Watch, ONLY BAND!"

Now, does the band cost $400 new?  OR, does the watch cost $400 new?

Unless the item in the listing costs $400 new then this listing description is/was dishonest, fraudulent, probably illegal, immoral, unethical, stupid, childish, immature, scamming, and any number of other words that would be appropriate.

I went to the Apple website and found this 

http://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/MM992FE/A/42mm-yellow-sport-band-s-m-m-l

Here's a screengrab which shows that the midnight blue band costs $79 with free postage.

apple watch band.JPG

I think you will find that your future listings will come under close scrutiny and be reported if seen to be fraudulent/deceptive.

Thank you for posting on this forum.

Message 42 of 66
Latest reply

Well slr we saw what happened to a scammer seller that tried this a while back, and the outcome was certainly not pretty.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 66
Latest reply

"iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch Series 1

Hmmm, now offering Free Post on the empty boxes and has changed the title.

OP, your Title is STILL MISLEADING  - implying you are selling these items when you are not

you have also listed under the Category of "Mobile Phones" - AGAIN, MISLEADING. You are selling empty boxes, not mobile phones, ipads and what not!

its listings like these where you wish the poor buyers could be contacted and made aware of how misleading this is, but since buyer IDs are now jumbled you can't! I hate seeing people get ripped off - there's enough of this carp on eBay already!l

Message 44 of 66
Latest reply

Check out some the ridiculously high postage for empty boxes  - $168.60 for an empty box, yet the Title says Free Shipping!

OMG - OP you need to take a good look at your listings and your postage charges (another eBay policy violation)

you ain't gonna last long on eBay!

Message 45 of 66
Latest reply

@designers*n*more wrote:

you ain't gonna last long on eBay!

I believe the intention from the beginning was to rip buyers off and the OP was only interested in making (they thought) a killing.

I would imagine that multiple reports have already gone it to eBay about the OP's policy violations and the "Hand of God" is likely to descend upon them, along with any other accounts they may have.

I also get the feeling that they are a young member and so think they are bullet-proof.

Fortunately you ain't OP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 46 of 66
Latest reply

I wonder why they are not listing rainbow rose seeds, dehydrated water or any of the other things that can rack up a fortune without making it completely obvious that it is a scam.Smiley Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 47 of 66
Latest reply

ra7250 - Are you over 18 years of age ?

If not I suggest you get off eBay before you get into real trouble.

image host
Message 48 of 66
Latest reply

Does anyone remember Judge Judy and her wonderful client? Standing before her trying to rationalise their sale on Ebay to a customer of a PHOTO/PHOTO COPY of a Camera? A few sheets of paper. From memory over $300.00US

Her argument/defence?

"Well it's not my fault if she can't read".....She got caught out because of the weight that was stated in the listing for posting. 

Does anyone want to guess the outcome?

Haven't had such a good laugh for ages, these type of listings always bring back great laugh out loud memoriesWoman LOL.

Message 49 of 66
Latest reply

Dam it! I missed out on the fun here by the looks of it. I wanted to have a larf at the OP's listings.
Message 50 of 66
Latest reply