Selling Replica Items

rustify
Community Member

Hi all I was wondering why eBay doesn't allow people to sell replica items such as Louis Vuitton, or Chanel if it is listed as replica in the description.  I have seen people listing replica Louis Vuitton as LV rather than "Louis Vuitton" and starting bids at $20 rather than $200 however when I tried to list one of mine my listing was removed for a violation of the rules!  I know who the member is who reported my listing so why isn't this member doing the same for every replica item on eBay?  

Please help me understand this ruling and advise me on how to deal with this member.  I had in no way attempted to mislead any buyers in believing my handbag was real!  

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Selling Replica Items

I tend to assume that if someone is complaining about a problem that hey are asking for either support or for help.

Latest reply

problem is im not wrong

Message 52 of 68
Latest reply

ebay only intervenes if someone complains ebay don't give a **bleep** they just want fees

Message 53 of 68
Latest reply

Time to break out the tin-foil hat maranock.....................

what-if-wearing-a-tinfoil-hat-is-what-they-want-you-to-do.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 54 of 68
Latest reply

@iloveelena03-7 wrote:

problem is im not wrong

joe?

Message 55 of 68
Latest reply

And he doesn't understand the forums here are run by a company called Lithium, not eBay.

It's also against policy to discuss posts deleted by the mods, hence the constant removals.

(ya could be onto something Sir sales)

image host
Message 56 of 68
Latest reply

@iloveelena03-7 wrote:

problem is im not wrong

At least now we know what the real problem is,Angry head bang.gif

Message 57 of 68
Latest reply

"some are equal, but some are more equal than others" Kopes.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 58 of 68
Latest reply

Nah. Joe was very forthright in his opinions, but I don't think he'd sell fakes, especially as these aren't his line.

Message 59 of 68
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@iloveelena03-7 wrote:

problem is im not wrong

joe?

Lol, nah.

He could be stubborn sometimes, but I never questioned his ethics. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

ETA: snap at Dave

Message 60 of 68
Latest reply