Selling a business through Classified format

Hi Guys,

I want to put my current business for sale on eBay as I am straing a new one and I cannot do both. I have decided to do it through an classified ad. I know they are more expensive but I do not want eBay to have a good cut from my selling price.

I was just trying to list it but I do not see Classified Ad format on the listing page. I am using Business > Websites & Businesses for Sale category.

Is it a glitch that it has only Auction and Buy it Now? What is the point then to sell a business this way? It is not something that you can buy and get posted, you need to communicate with your buyer a lot, yoiu need to  provide your contact phone numbers, website addresses for a business and all other details that eBay will consider as a violation of their policy with providing a contact information.

P.S. I have tried to check their Real Estate categorie just to make sure eBay is still allowing classified ad format and there is Classified Ad format for this category.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Selling a business through Classified format

@kopenhagen5wrote:

Classifieds - https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-classified-ads?id=4167&st=3&pos=2&query=Sellin...

Thank you. I have seen it but missed that part about motors and real estate. I believe it was availble before in just about any category. I used to list some of my services as an ad and my services has nothing to do with Motors or Real Estate.

It is like from this which is obviously in the past now.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

Listing format Starting price or category* Insertion fee (including GST) Auction or fixed price

Starting price up to $100

Starting price over $100

$1.65

$3.85

Classified Ad

Real Estate

Other categories

$54.95

$21.99

It seems "Other Categories" is  just one signle Motors category now on top of Real Estate..

Ok, eBay has just lost my fees for the ad. It is bad but quite expected from eBay.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

eBay has removed table formatting for Ads fees but you can see it on the page.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Does the business include an ebay selling ID?

If so, then you will need to seek permission from ebay to sell the userID as a part of the running business.

It can be done but there is a protocol.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@clarry100wrote:

Does the business include an ebay selling ID?

If so, then you will need to seek permission from ebay to sell the userID as a part of the running business.

It can be done but there is a protocol.

It depends on a buyer. I would strongly recomend not to use eBay as a selling channel because over past 3 years eBay has done nothing but created a lot of problems for businesses like mine. I went down from the biggest seller on eBay for products in my category to almost nothing so is my turnover. It is actually down to almost 70% less in sales.  It is not a reason why I want to sell though. I have my own webstore that performs really well with 0 spent on advertisement. New customers are coming from a natural organic search.

However If a new owener wants to sell on eBay I will dig into details how it can be done with transferring ebay id. Even if it is hard or close to impossible to do I will be more than happy helping them to setup a brand new eBay store.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply