Sendle Service and Insurance Claims are Terrible

kmac0_2
Community Member

DO NOT use Sendle as your courier, they may be cheaper but so is their service and their insurance claims policy is non existent.  They damaged my item during transit and I was asked to provide evidence of the item prior to sending and after it was delivered as well as how it was packaged.  The buyer provided me with the after delivery photos and I provided them with photos before delivery.  I sent them everything they asked for including how it was bubble wrapped and double boxed and they said it's not enough evidence for my claim to be accepted.  So even though I sent them all my proof they still didn't cover my claim for the damaged item, so I am out of pocket for the item and postage.  I find that Sendle aren't prepared to honor their policy for insurance claims as they state, so just a heads up you could be out of pocket.  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sendle is not a courier, they are a courier broker

And there are already many, many, many warnings from other sellers on here not to use them

Lots of heads up on here  but people choose to use them anyway , thinking it will save a couple of dollars 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

In most cases it is deemed inadequate packaging, same with  AP, where an item must be able to withstand having a 20kg weight dropped on it from waist hieght, presume sendle requirement is similar.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yes you're right.   I learned the hard way, I should have done my homework.  

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In your opinion it was packaged correctly,  check the guidelines, as others have said the same applies with Australia Post.  Try making a claim with Australia Post,  I can guarantee you a hard time.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

They accepted it was packaged correctly, I have been selling for over 20 years.  What they didn't accept is that the damage occurred during transit.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply