Sendle.com - using them for the first time

Hi everyone, any other sellers out there using Sendle on a regular basis? I just used them for the first time to send a large-ish item (about 1.8kg) and their cost is lower than Aus Post, and it's door-to-door Toll courier. Pick up by Toll is scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Sendle.com - using them for the first time

I looked at using them, but decided not to because -

1. They come to pick up your parcels, which YAY, but like most courier companies, can't give you a specific time, so...waiting around potentially all day does not work for me.

2. As a buyer, I HATE when I purchase something and then realise when I get the dreaded "We missed you!" card in the mail that the seller has used a courier instead of Australia Post, even though it says standard parcel post in the listing. Toll do not re-deliver. You have to go to them. They are in the middle of nowhere here and I don't drive. Fastway suck, full stop. I could be literally sitting in the middle of the driveway and they'd leave a card claiming no one was home, if they leave a card at all. Even if they do re-deliver, you're stuck waiting around again or you have a choice of several VERY inconvenient collection points. At least I can get to several post offices!

Toll Priority also managed to "lose" my friend's passport with a USA visa in it from the US Consulate in Sydney for which she had waited 5 months for approval, and after another 3 weeks declared finally in writing that they had lost it. Funnily enough, within 24 hours of my friend cancelling the passport, Toll miraculously found and delivered it. HOW ODD.

So yeah, I wouldn't want to annoy my buyers like that.
Message 51 of 84
Latest reply

Sendle mainly operates with Fastway couriers, which should be banned from operating in Australia. Terrible service! I would avoid Sendle, unless they can guarantee your parcel will be delivered with Toll, DHL or another credible courier company.

Message 52 of 84
Latest reply

I've sent two things through eBay and they have picked up neither.  They are useless and  we will never use them again

Message 53 of 84
Latest reply

Are you sure you selected the correct option? Sendle have a drop off option where you have to take it to a central location, usually a petrol station or similar.

Message 54 of 84
Latest reply

I have sent a few parcels using sendle and always found them excellent.
Message 55 of 84
Latest reply

do you all know that aus post will pick up from your house and scan it on the spot for $1 for up to 50 parcels through my post

Message 56 of 84
Latest reply

I booked it once and they never turned up or answered my email when I complained.

Message 57 of 84
Latest reply

@magentabreeze wrote:
I have sent a few parcels using sendle and always found them excellent.

But did your buyers find their service excellent?

Message 58 of 84
Latest reply

have used sendle bfore and they managed to get me a defect on my ebay account for late delivery because they did not scan in my parcel, now for some reason i have tried them again and am already regreting it, 2 days after buying a postage label te parcel is STILL HERE. Will have to call Ebay and explain what has happened so i hope this time i don't get a strike

Message 59 of 84
Latest reply

Australia Post can do the exact same thing. I've had several tracked items sent off which have ended up showed nothing but the initial lodgement at the post office. One of which went for $120 but thankfully the buyer was honest and gave me positive feedback as well.
Message 60 of 84
Latest reply