Sendle lost my parcel won't reimburse me ..buyer wants their money

I used Sendle to ship my ebay sale.. the buyer had paid $71 including post for this item. Sendle picked it up from my house scanned it into their system and then it disappeared. Three weeks later after my buyer complained, Sendle says the parcel is lost. What's worse is they are refusing to reimburse me the cost if the lost parcel. My ebay buyer is obviously expecting a refund. But why should I be out of pocket $71 because of Sendle's negligence. what can I do?
Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

You would need to know what Sendle's terms and conditions are. Was insurance automatically included? I'm guessing not & that is why they're refusng to pay. It is the same with Australia Post. They will not reimburse unless you pay the additional for insurance.

You should at be be eligible for the Sendle courier cost refund (for a service not delivered).

Whatever the outcome the buyer will be able to claiim a full refund either through eBay MBG or PayPal.

Message 2 of 51
Latest reply

Regardless of Sendle's Terms I would still be demanding answers.

I would suggest phoning them again but insist on speaking to higher up than the call centre. Although Sendle are more a less brokers for several courier companies they should not be able to just say OH! it is lost!!!!   Do you remember the company that picked up the item. If you have a copy of your label it is at the Top - It will say Couriers Please / Toll or another company . Perhaps it would be worth giving them a call. 

Unfortunately if you can't get anywhere the buyer will need to be refunded but I would definately try and pursue the issue. 

I use Sendle and have not had any bad experiences so far just a few small issues which I have had resolved through insistance on the phone.  I will be reading there Terms and Conditions more closely now.  

Hope you are able to get a result. 

Message 3 of 51
Latest reply

They said cos it's under $100 it's not covered by their insurance but that is still unacceptable. They don't give a phone number on their website but after complaining I did get a call and took your advice to speak to the team leader. She is going to look into it further. It is unbelievable that they would just raise their hands and say oh well not our problem!? Just be careful when using them... they tried to offer me next free delivery but I won't be using them again thats for sure.
Message 4 of 51
Latest reply

Yes that is right - I just read their Terms and Conditions and the customer is liable for the first $100 of the claim to a max of $500. 

Really be persistant and I hope you get somewhere - if things aren't going well with the negotiations just throw in that you are a profound user of social media and you will be posting about their inadequate services.  Worth a try if needed. 

Good Luck!! - Let us now if you get a result. 

Message 5 of 51
Latest reply

Because you have a lodgement scan (the item was scanned on pickup) you would be covered under Paypal terms for an INR claim as they only requeire proof of postage which you have. They have 180-days to open a PayPal case.

But unfortunately not thru ebay MBG as they require proof of delivery which you don't have as there is no delivery scan event. They have 30-days to open an ebay MBG case.

So it depends upon where your buyer raises any INR claim, if indeed they do. Have they opened a case yet?

In any case the buyer is entitled to a refund or replacement as they have not received what they paid for.

These days as part of trading online the seller needs to be aware of these rules and is really responsible for delivery even in cases like this.

The only way you will be reimbursed, as I see it, is if you had some kind of insurance, which it seems you do not. So you may have no choice but to refund the buyer and then try other avenues to get your money back.

You could try some pressure on Sendle thru the postal industry ombudsman (PIO) but don't hold your breath on that one.

Message 6 of 51
Latest reply

Thankyou the other day I actually posted something on their Facebook and they deleted it without even addressing it!!
Message 7 of 51
Latest reply

Buyer hasn't put in a NRI claim yet but I might get them to. They do want their refund and def are entitled to
Message 8 of 51
Latest reply

If you can convince them to put the claim in thru PayPal you might be better off.

I mean PayPal should find in your favour as you have proof of postage.

But the refund will be done out of PayPal coffers not yours.

Message 9 of 51
Latest reply

Ok thankyou I will get the buyer to start a PayPal claim in that case
Message 10 of 51
Latest reply