Shipped to APO; Hasn't arrived 1 Month Later; Refund?

Someone bought an item from me stationed overseas. It's been almost a month and he opens a case saying he hasn't recieved the item yet and would like to wait another week. If it still doesn't come he would like to know if hecan have a new one sent out. If I've had the item returned then he would like a refund. I absolutely have not recieved the item back. His order is archived so I can't see the tracking number anymore.

My question is, should I be responsible for the APO mail system? Should I be obligated to send a new item if he doesn't recieve the item after 6 weeks? 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipped to APO; Hasn't arrived 1 Month Later; Refund?

You can retrieve the listing by clicking on deleted items in the menu on the left. Retrieve it and check the tracking. It probably won't say much, but worth checking. If it does seem like the item is lost, I'd refund over sending another item. They may well be scamming for freebies.

Regarding the tracking, check the number in the destination country as well. Example, if it's going to the US, check the tracking number on the USPS site as there may be tracking events on there if it has landed in the country.

If the buyer opens a dispute and you can't prove delivery, you will be forced to refund. If you ignore the dispute and don't refund, eBay will black mark your account.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You might be better off asking this question on the US boards as they may have different rules to us in Australia.

G'day Tippy.      original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Hi.gif

Hi Padster!

pass flower.gif

Spoiler
old man walking frame.gifHope you're well!
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

All good thanks Tippy, though I might have to start building an ark judging by the next weeks-worth if weather coming to SW WA.......

Spoiler
The fluffy ones and the doggies are ropeable, but the ducks (and ducklings) and turtles are over the moon.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

You can block APO bidders via Postage Exclusion APO addresses are a pain and it is common for them to not receive items I have had it many times so do not post to them anymore.

@ksbvinylgraphix wrote:

Someone bought an item from me stationed overseas. It's been almost a month and he opens a case saying he hasn't recieved the item yet and would like to wait another week. If it still doesn't come he would like to know if hecan have a new one sent out. If I've had the item returned then he would like a refund. I absolutely have not recieved the item back. His order is archived so I can't see the tracking number anymore.

My question is, should I be responsible for the APO mail system? Should I be obligated to send a new item if he doesn't recieve the item after 6 weeks? 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Send it this way Padi, but not until the end of next week.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Send it via Sydney Padi and I will send it on to Tippy.   My grass is looking very much like the Nullabor and it is not even Summer.  It will be a dust bowl by Christmas.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If I could send some of the rain we're getting I'd gladly do it! I've already got waist high grass and I can almost see it growing while I watch!!
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I cannot understand why water can not be sent around Oz if you had oil we would get it moved by pipe why not water?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply