Shipping to EBay Authenticator, item delivered to buyer.

mc_tom3
Community Member

Recently I sold a pair of $700 Nike Jordan 4s on the 3/01/2023 using eBay with authentication services.

Postage label had been printed using eBay’s postage calculator/ postage generator and had been posted on the 4th of January with tracking uploaded to the sale.

On the 6/01/2023 the tracking showed an odd “redirection” which I assume was to go to a different Authenticator or something from eBay’s end. Item was than delivered on the 11th. 

on the 13/01/2023 I reached out the eBay support to confirm the item had gone to the Authenticator which I was assured was with them and would be processed soon for the 17/01/2023 delivery date. I left it at this.

23/01/2023 I reached out to eBay support once again as the item still had not passed authentication and my funds were still on hold. 
I was told the item had been redirected and delivered to the buyer.. The support agent then demanded that I reach out to the buyer to confirm if they have received them and closed the support session. After a follow-up call with another support agent they lodged this issue for and said I would hear back in 24-48 hours.

As I followed all correct processes from my end, I do not feel my funds should be held as ransom from eBay when this is a huge flaw in their authentication service. What am I able to do? Or should I start looking to submit a claim in the small claims court to retrieve my funds.

First time I have used this authentication service as a seller and will not be doing this again. Have sold multiple items through StockX and Novelship with absolutely no issues in the past..

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@mc_tom3 wrote:

As I followed all correct processes from my end, I do not feel my funds should be held as ransom from eBay when this is a huge flaw in their authentication service. What am I able to do? Or should I start looking to submit a claim in the small claims court to retrieve my funds.

eBay sees you as a "new seller" and as such your funds will be on hold until you can show by feedback and/or delivery success that the transaction has been completed successfully. Until then eBay can hold your funds for 30 days.

First time I have used this authentication service as a seller and will not be doing this again. Have sold multiple items through StockX and Novelship with absolutely no issues in the past..

If you want to sell high end sneakers on eBay you have no choice in the matter.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

As Padi said,  your funds will be held for 30 days, and most likely 10% held for 60days, as you are seen as a new/infrequent seller.

I would be chasing up the buyer, to ascertain by whom and why the item was redirected.   And as per the rep,

verifying the item has actually been delivered to the buyer.

By the way, no body here or at ebay, care where else you sell!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The obvious solution is to steer very clear of eBay, rediculously high seller fees and blaming the seller for an flaw with their process.. 

no thanks, I’ll be going back to Novelship 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply