Shipping to Singapore/Malaysia

I generally don't ship to either of those countries, but I've had an enquiry from a lady who would like to place an order.

I would like to know if anyone has had problems with tracking their items to either of those destinations or if there have been problems with customs etc.

It's a potentially large order, so I definitely will send it with tracking, however I know that some countries have tracking issues.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This may not be too helpful, but I've sent there a bunch of times, though the orders were all small enough to go as untracked large letters - no problems at all, for what it's worth, bar one enquiry over late delivery (it arrived in the end). One regular started adding their phone number in the notes to seller at checkout (I don't have this enabled on eBay, but it's a permanent feature on the other site), so I assumed there was some advantage to that and included it with the address - she also has asked for the customs number in the past as according to her, it can be traceable over there (this was a buyer in Singapore, if memory serves). 

I always include the tariff numbers on all exports now, country of origin etc, which is optional for letters and packages if you select 'No' to commercial value and 'Sale of goods' (i.e. merchandise), when filling in CN22's or creating an international label via My Post, seems to have made a difference to delivery times, but it's purely a subjective observation / anecdotal evidence. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Advantage of including a phone number (specifically a mobile number) is nowadays most delivery services send you updates as to delivery status on your mobile phone, including Oz post.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi Cushion, I can't speak for Malaysia, but we have a few very good customers in Singapore and we've never experienced any issue. In fact, to the contrary, they seem to be right on top of their game.

Addressing a parcel is most important, because of the number of flats and units there, for example we send to one address that starts similar to this 147-L04a-1009. Apartment number, Block number, facility number. Then you've got Street number and postcode number, so it's easy to confuse things.

As has already been said, a phone number is good. I find that most Singaporeans supply it as a matter of course anyway, because they know the significance of it. 

You really should be quite okay.

Melina.

PS....we send everything tracked.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply