incorrect delivery date shown when leaving feedback?

i realise this appears to be a buying-related topic, but i've posted it in seller because i believe it's an issue that effects sellers more than it does buyers.

i was leaving feedback tonight for an item i bought and noticed that the delivery date showed as being "8th february 2018" - which obviously, can't be correct as it's still before midnight in perth, WA and i received it earlier this morning (7th). 

the issue i have with this is that underneath, it says the estimated delivery date was "wednesday 7th february." as a seller, it concerns me that some buyers will leave feedback maybe a week or more after they received the item and see an incorrect delivery date, which is after the estimated delivery date. 

when they then come to the postage time rating, it may make them mark down the star rating they give, or even worse, leave a neutral or negative; thinking the item arrived late when it didn't. 

i wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed incorrect dates being displayed when leaving feedback for a buyer? if they haven't.. must have just been a glitch.. if it's a wider spread problem i'll take the time to contact someone and be ignored and told it's a "known glitch" :] 

TRACKINGDELIVERYFEEDBACK.jpg

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, it has been happening for some time now.

Wherever ebay puts the actual delivery date on the feedback form it is always the day after it was delivered.

I think it has something to do with the postal service used (ebay postage?) and the time difference between here and the USA.

I don't pretend to understand it but it is consistent in it's application.

The buyer does not get a chance to put in the day/date that they actually received the item.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, it has been happening for some time now.

Wherever ebay puts the actual delivery date on the feedback form it is always the day after it was delivered.

I think it has something to do with the postal service used (ebay postage?) and the time difference between here and the USA.

I don't pretend to understand it but it is consistent in it's application.

The buyer does not get a chance to put in the day/date that they actually received the item.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, regularly. We first noticed it because the date showing was a Saturday.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Last time I went to leave feedback, it showed the item in question had been delivered on Australia day (and yes, to an address in Australia) 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

And I,ve just had a big blue icon appear on my selling page today telling me how lucky I am, as I am eligible to  "opt in " to the guaranteed delivery programme. ...........Yeah Right !!!!

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

There is another problem with delivery dates that I only picked up when looking through my Seller Dashboard last night. I sold an item in January and posted to the buyer(the same day as purchase)whose address was a post office box. I used tracking so I could follow delivery. The item sat at their Post Office for 6 days before being picked up(I now know why some sellers will not post to PO Boxes). The buyer left me lovely feedback and as far as I know did not penalize me for their late pick up. But Ebay did!. They have given me a "late shipment rate" as tracking indicates late delivery. This is a big flaw in Ebay's system as it can effect your Top rated Seller standing and also effect where you stand in the search criteria. I will be contacting them today.

Cheers, Robyn:)

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

And sure as eggs, we just know there are those cases where

Buyer says "I did'nt get my item on time"

Ebay says "You did'nt, we believe you,no question"

Seller says "I sent the item well within time, here is the tracking proving it"

Ebay says 'We see you posted it well within time. We can see that on the tracking"  BUT the buyer says you did'nt, so you did'nt 

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

wrote:

And I,ve just had a big blue icon appear on my selling page today telling me how lucky I am, as I am eligible to  "opt in " to the guaranteed delivery programme. ...........Yeah Right !!!!

Chamo, ask 'em when they're going to deliver your 750cc postie bike (free delivery of course...)      true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

thanks for the info lyndal - that's interesting to know :] the seller was within australia and sent using ebay postage - so that makes sense. it's the first time i've come across it. 

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

wrote:

There is another problem with delivery dates that I only picked up when looking through my Seller Dashboard last night. I sold an item in January and posted to the buyer(the same day as purchase)whose address was a post office box. I used tracking so I could follow delivery. The item sat at their Post Office for 6 days before being picked up(I now know why some sellers will not post to PO Boxes). The buyer left me lovely feedback and as far as I know did not penalize me for their late pick up. But Ebay did!. They have given me a "late shipment rate" as tracking indicates late delivery. This is a big flaw in Ebay's system as it can effect your Top rated Seller standing and also effect where you stand in the search criteria. I will be contacting them today.

Cheers, Robyn:)

If you put the tracking number in (or printed an ebay postage label) you should be able to ring ebay and get the defect removed because they can see you posted within your handling time.  There was another thread yesterday where someone was getting defects based on when items were delivered, not when they were posted.

As for your comment about knowing why some sellers won't post to PO boxes, it's really not much different to parcels not being picked up at the PO for several days, or for towns like mine where there's no street delivery, not picking letters up for several days.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply