Shipping

Ok,  I want to ship some 14Kg boxes,  105cm by 40cm by 32cm.  Australia post are high priced.

I notice other sellers with the same or similiar products doing it for $30 to $50 using couriers, but when i approach the same couriers I get high quotes.

who does everyone else use

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Shipping

saarzi
Community Member

If its the same couriers as these other sellers use, they are either getting business (bulk) rate discounts...

OR...

they are putting some of the postage cost into the item cost to make the postage look cheaper.

From experience, most buyers will pay $45 for an item with $5 postage, rather than $30 plus $20 postage (which is exactly the same total anyway).  Its an old sales trick.

Why not just ask the courier?  give them an example and ask how this other person is getting it for one price, but they are telling you another. Theyll either say that price doesnt exist, requote you, or tell you another way of posting.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

depends were it goes from and to, i think aus post have a 100cm limit ,but maybe that has changed just checked mine and its melbourne to sydney  for instance $30  that size  its not the weight its the size that cost   if it was 20kg and a normal box say 50 x40 x 40   it would be $13  to most city in australia

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

Australia Post charges by cubic weight or actual weight, depending on what is the most expensive.

Sugar, have you tried a courier broker such as Temando or Sendle?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

correct but they used have a max size and i think it is 100cm 

sugar try the brokers lyndal  has mentioned  if you like tell me from were to which postcode and i will look up for you in no time just to give you ann idea of price

just checked aust post  max 105cm    and melbourne to sydney  $50

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

I had a customer put me onto e-go couriers.  Cheaper than Australia Post.

No problems so far and have used them quite a few times.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

i use them 5 to 10 times a week very fast  , most of my stock goes to nsw  under 24 hours .

but a lot of them are good for bigger products and multiple items 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

e-go is marginally better than Fastway but very hard to contact if you do have a problem.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

mate stick to any company or business that your happy with , i am sure happy and so are my buyers , doing a lot now to perth suburbs   $11.22     up to 20kg . over 200 parcels this year with ego  not 1 problem , i love the part where the driver can ring the buyers .  i use a depot near my home  i drive up  dont turn the engine off   the easier the better.  but i will look  at another courier for the nore expensive outer bush deliveries as they can become expensive.  

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Shipping

Joe, if a seller is using a courier company to deliver they HAVE to have the phone number of the buyer before the company will accept the parcel.

There is nothing new, different or exceptional about the company you are using ringing the customer.  It actually often means that there is a problem and they need to contact the customer to sort it out.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply