Strange goings on with shipping address changes

Man MadMan SadMan Surprised Have had a buyer who won an item then 4 days later sent a long message about being unable to afford item and people using her phone and bidding without her permission  Etc Etc --my unpaid item assist kicked in after 5 days and opened UIC ---She then changes shipping address and pays --Ive shipped to previous address --Im preparing for item not recieved--As its a completly different address & postcode --Contacted Ebay & they made a note of what had happened & couldnt understand why she had done that in the middle of an UICase and advised me to contact Aus post to stop the shipment ??????What The??????

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As long as the dispute has not been closed there is nothing stopping the buyer from paying.  That is the whole idea...to prompt the buyer to pay or risk suspension of their account.  It often works a treat.

Why did you not send to the address in the paypal notification.  Even if she had paid on time you should send to the paypal address not the ebay address.

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

I have shipped the item as soon as she had paid  and i was happy that she had a change of mind and wanted to keep the item it was during the 4 days she changed her paypal  shipping address and  evan Ebay have said its very strange that she would change it in the middle of a case    As the item is over 100years old it cannot be replaced and i would rather  of kept it than have it dissappear as INR or anything shifty . Ive had the best buyers so far and never a complaint about Ebay but im abit spooked just from her messages and all the horrer stories about refunds  . Im probly  jumping to the worst conclusions  Il rush to my post office & see if the parcels have been collected or not ..She also said she lives alone & a different Paypal name is for the payment    oh well .  This could be my first Ebay setback --live & learn    Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

But if she had not paid you had no address to post the item to.

You only get the address after payment has been made....the address the buyer wants the item sent to can be changed at any time up till they go through checkout and make the paypal payment.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

Lyndal When a buyer purchases ebay send out a sold notice that has the buyers postal address on it. BUT it is quite often different to the paypal payment notice address.

I believe the ebay one is the registered ebay address from when you signed up. which is why it is wrong in most cases and people don't change it.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Lyndal When a buyer purchases ebay send out a sold notice that has the buyers postal address on it. BUT it is quite often different to the paypal payment notice address.

I believe the ebay one is the registered ebay address from when you signed up. which is why it is wrong in most cases and people don't change it.

And sellers who are paid via Paypal should ALWAYS send to the address notified by Paypal. Which, if different to the registered eBay address, will usually be buyer initiated at the time of payment.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Of course I am aware of that harley.....but that is NOT to postal address.

You only get the postal address when the buyer goes through Checkout and enters the address they want the item sent to.

Sometimes it is the same address (mine is) but sometimes it can be completely different.

If the seller does not use the address in the paypal notification then they have no paypal seller protection.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

Unfortunately if you have sent to the address you had before she ppaid via PayPal then she changed this during the checkout process when she did pay then I'm thinking you are very like to lose any item not received claim because you have not mailed to the PayPal address.
So if there is some way Aust Post can stop the delivery try it.
Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

SoldNotice.jpgLyndal it says on the sold notice from ebay Buyers postal address....we know you are not suppose to post it to that but I can see why some sellers don't know not to send it to there when it says buyers postal address.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

just in case this happens to me , but sometimes a buyer messages me on ebay with an address to send the items too, but on a couple ocasions the paypal address is different.  what should i do 

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply