Signature - Australia post

gretru_77
Community Member

Posting Anonymously.

I sold my old iphone because i upgraded to the new xs.

I did everything right. posted it over the counter with Australia post. got the receipt. made sure it was signature and can't be left unattended.

I posted it on the next business day after the buyer paid.

Exactly 1 week later (5 business days) the buyer opened item not received on ebay. the parcel was still with australia post distribution centre.

the next day after the buyer opened the item not recieved case. the buyer got the iphone.

i contacted ebay and told them that they recieved the phone 1 day after the dispute was opened.

ebay ask me for the signature. no worries. i called australia post and requested for the signature.

i sent the signature to ebay and ebay told me it was not good enough because the signature did not  have the tracking number on it.

i sent it to ebay exactly as australia post sent it to me.

australia post did not include the tracking number on the signature capture so i am baffled. surely out of the countless thousands of disputes ebay has handled. ebay must know that australia post does not include the tracking numbers on their signatures.

please help me.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I would suggest contacting Australia Post and asking them for written confirmation that the evidence of signature they provided was for article ID [tracking number]. Hopefully they should have no problem doing this, and you'll be able to submit that to eBay. 

Edited to add: have you contacted the buyer? I'd also send them a message saying something like, I see delivery has now taken place and you have the iPhone. As such, I request that you now close the case that was opened for the phone. Thanks in advance for your assistance, (etc). 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Have you uploaded the tracking number to both the ebay order details AND the dispute resolution centre ?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I would suggest contacting Australia Post and asking them for written confirmation that the evidence of signature they provided was for article ID [tracking number]. Hopefully they should have no problem doing this, and you'll be able to submit that to eBay. 

Edited to add: have you contacted the buyer? I'd also send them a message saying something like, I see delivery has now taken place and you have the iPhone. As such, I request that you now close cancel the case that was opened for the phone. Thanks in advance for your assistance, (etc). 

I'm sorry that I am being pedantic, but thought it better not to be ambiguous.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply