Signature on Delivery, Click & Send Flat Rate Satchels. Replies greatly appreciated :)

Hi, this is a question that has been plaguing me for weeks. Everyone I ask, and every search I do, hasn't answered it.

On the back of my eBay 500g and 3kg Flat Rate Satchels (which I have had since early this year), it says:

"Option of obtaining signature on delivery (which provides automatic cover of up to $100 by Australia Post)"

Australia Post used to have the same statement in their online store, but it seems that this statement has been removed completely from their website/store/Terms & Conditions of late.

This 'up to $100 compensation' was available for $1.00 before. I have been operating under the assumption that it was still the case for $2.95 now. I am talking about the satchels, not the option of using your box with $2.95 and $1.50 added on for cover up to $100. Price-wise, Click & Send Flat Rate satchels are great for postage from NSW to WA, for example.

I have been happily sending $80 orders, for example, which take hours to make, thinking that I'm covered on the off chance that something bad happens to the parcel. Relying on PayPal seller protection is not really a consideration here. These are 'wedding' customers. They ultimately still want their personalised invitations, for example. I will have to make & post them again whether PayPal rule in my favour or their favour (in the case of 'Item Not Received').

Can someone who has received a recent shipment of these satchels please check the back and see if the statement above is still listed in the red 'Features' box? There seems to be so much misinformation about this. If anyone has a definitive answer, I would really appreciate your knowledge on this 🙂

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Signature on Delivery, Click & Send Flat Rate Satchels. Replies greatly appreciated :)

LOL - thanks

I find APs facebook page so very sad ...... 

Glossy AP promotions of things that are not their core business - that continue to receive comments from hundreds of dissatisfied customers and cut and paste responses from the AP social media team that do little to nothing to quell customer angst.   

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Re: Signature on Delivery, Click & Send Flat Rate Satchels. Replies greatly appreciated :)

When click & send first came out my PO was a bit confused as they had had no information given to them. Fortunately as as I went in with my first satchel they made a point of contacting AP and getting all the information they needed and they have kept up to date with all the changes, however small, since.

If other POs fail to do this then I would not be putting things on facebook i would be filling in a customer complaint form asking that they make sure their staff and franchisees are up to speed as they should be.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

LOL - thanks

I find APs facebook page so very sad ...... 

Glossy AP promotions of things that are not their core business - that continue to receive comments from hundreds of dissatisfied customers and cut and paste responses from the AP social media team that do little to nothing to quell customer angst.   

oh, you mean like they do on here?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

its more in your face on facebook   Smiley LOL as there are so so soooooo many more complaints to see  .......

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

I find it hard to believe that that is possible!

pssstt - I can almost taste that chocolate frog

*licks lips*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply