Simple payment question - late payment

I'm getting to the very end of my listings then will take a break.

I have one buyer who hasn't paid for a $140 item yet, and he sent me a message saying he had some unexpected bills related to his kids and asked if I could relist the item. This buyer has bought from me over a time period, and I said, sure I can relist it, or if he prefers just hold onto it until he has the spare cash.

He got back to me saying he should be ok at the end of the month ... ie , a month from now.

That's all good by me. Is the Ebay system going to let me hold off until then [it's already 2 weeks since sale date] ... or is there some time limit on payments to be made? Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Simple payment question - late payment

The buyer has asked if you can relist later so I think you are off the hook.

Why not reply that yes, you would be very happy to cancel the present sale, hold on to the item for a month and arrange a time with him for you to relist so he can re-buy it when he is in funds.

That way, you get your fees back on this sale, you are keeping faith with the buyer by not issuing a strike as such (if you use problem with buyer address) and by holding off for a month to relist.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@countessalmirena wrote:

There is a time limit. As I quoted, you have 30 days. If your buyer for whatever reason doesn’t pay within 30 days, you cannot recoup your fees.

There is but there isnt.  Yes 30 days if you want your fee's back.  But if as this person is insistent (not sure why),  they are sure the seller will pay,  there is no time limit on the actual payment being made.  Personally I wouldnt take the risk and cancel now,  but the seller seems desperate for the money.

Why would the OP want a seller to pay, when they are obviously the seller?

I would also cancel now because I've been caught before. Buyer bought many items over several transactions. Then, she stopped. I thought that as over the previous 6 months she had bought and paid eventually, that would happen again. Nope, completely ghosted. As I'd left it too long to cancel, I lost the fees. 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

@countessalmirena wrote:

There is a time limit. As I quoted, you have 30 days. If your buyer for whatever reason doesn’t pay within 30 days, you cannot recoup your fees.

There is but there isnt.  Yes 30 days if you want your fee's back.  But if as this person is insistent (not sure why),  they are sure the seller will pay,  there is no time limit on the actual payment being made.  Personally I wouldnt take the risk and cancel now,  but the seller seems desperate for the money.

Why would the OP want a seller to pay, when they are obviously the seller?

I would also cancel now because I've been caught before. Buyer bought many items over several transactions. Then, she stopped. I thought that as over the previous 6 months she had bought and paid eventually, that would happen again. Nope, completely ghosted. As I'd left it too long to cancel, I lost the fees. 

Obviously a typo but hey it gave you something to nit pick

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Obviously a typo but hey it gave you something to nit pick

Thanks so much for mentioning nits. Now I can't stop scratching my head! I hope you're happy 😄 😄 😄

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

How could it be a ' typo ' - ' seller ' was correctly spelt.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply