Slow customs lately, anyone?

I have a package coming EMS (that's . . . express) from Japan. It arrived here from Tokyo on Saturday and it's now been sitting in customs for five. freaking. days. They didn't even scan it in as arrived until today (even though I called AP on Tuesday and they advised that it had arrived).

I've had packages sent from this seller countless times before and the package almost always clears customs same day, occasionally next day.

The contents are completely innocuous.

Grumble, grumble.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That would be 3 days. Mon, Tue, Wed.

And 1.5 hours of this mornng.

(Only working days count)

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

That would be 3 days. Mon, Tue, Wed.

And 1.5 hours of this mornng.

(Only working days count)

Fair (but still . . . I don't understand why it takes 3 days). I'm not importing chameleons or Egyptian artifacts.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I've got one parcel coming from Japan that's a week overdue at the moment with no tracking into Australia yet, and another from Japan that was marked as delivered 2 days after I paid for it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there was another Japanese purchase that was opened by customs but still arrived within the ETA. (Maybe 'cos there was no rodent tucker in it............true.gif)

All are from sellers I've dealt with before so there shouldn't be a problem, but it seems that AP isn't scanning incoming mail a lot of the time now. There have also been the Typhoons in Japan which may be putting a spanner in the works.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If it came into Sydney it was a public holiday on Monday which would slow things down.

I have not found Customs to be particularly slow at the moment....and I can't remember the last time I had anything randomly opened for inspection.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If it came into Sydney it was a public holiday on Monday which would slow things down.

Shhhh, Lyndal. I'm TRYING to be grumpy and unreasonable here!

Spoiler
The parcel is coming today. Smiley LOL
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply