So I got a Neg!

So after 1700+ positive it was bound to happen I guess.

Partly my fault for being a bit lazy in the listing desciption I guess.

Now I went a gave the buyer a refund once the goods were returned, my question is, is it worthwhile asking for the Neg to be removed now that I have refunded the buyer? Or should I just let it roll off over the next 12 months?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

So I got a Neg!

Serve you right , totally misleading inuedo 

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

So I got a Neg!

@aussie-picker wrote:

Serve you right , totally misleading inuedo 

And that is directed at me, because?

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

So I got a Neg!

I don't think it was stalker just like mine was not directed at the authors post above mine. I can't get used to scrolling back up to the OZp post to hit the reply button.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

So I got a Neg!

Yeah?      There was 7 hours and 5 posts between mine and that one

So, no.      Was not a reply to the one above.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

So I got a Neg!

Going by what he wrote, looks like he was reading reply number 5 and clicked the reply button closest at the time. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

So I got a Neg!

Looks like it.   Thanks kopes

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

So I got a Neg!

The neg is already on page 3, I wouldn't worry, don't think it will effect your sales.

------------------

You could be right but I was surprised to see this take on it.

Maybe I search differently, but when I do bother to look at a seller's feedback, what I do is click directly on the negative or neutral number in the summary at the top.

That takes me directly to those particular comments and I would not have a clue what page they are actually on.

I usually read the comments and the date eg 'This month' or '6 months ago' etc

The more recent the negs, the more attention I pay to them, but I also look at the ratio of positives.

Not sure how everyone else does it.

----------------------------------------------

In the current case under discussion, I don't think the seller is a bad guy (going on what he has written on these message boards). He has said it was a mistake.

But if i were going in cold without the benefit of these boards & read the neg then looked at the ad, I would be gobsmacked.

An ad that says it is a large part of someone's stamp collection & even shows a photo of one album open with stamps in it, would have me agreeing with a  buyer who made the comment that the books came empty & the ad had been misleading.

I think the seller really shot himself in the foot with his reply that the buyer could have asked. If someone writes that up for auction is a large part of their stamp collection and shows a few pics of stamps, a buyer should be expected to ask if stamps come with that??

Perhaps better to have just said sorry, description should have had more detail, will refund.

As  buyer, the feedback & reply that is actually there would worry me & yes, that neg would make me wary. Things will improve as soon as the actual ad is not showing any more.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply