Social media

Hi Guys,

Now that Ebay has bought out a share button for Facebook, Pinterest etc I was just wondering if anyone was going to take up the option.

If so, how would you go about it eg start a separate Facebook and Pinterest page to your personal one.

Does it work.

Any info on this subject would be much appeciated.

Thank you

Moya

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Social media

I already have a presence on Facebook.

I won't be linking that to eBay.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

Would you mind telling me why you won't link to Ebay and is your Facebook page the same name as you Ebay business

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

As my Facebook items are the same as my eBay items, there is no point in cross-linking. If you don't do Facebook marketplace, disregard.

I have no interest in directing traffic away from FB (with no fees) to eBay (with fees). I don't care where my sales take place, as I make pretty much the same profit, but FB is cheaper for the buyer.

Yes. But neither is davewil.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

I donโ€™t sell on eBay.

I do sell on marketplace and I also buy off marketplace. Not under name of janeababe, either ๐Ÿ˜‰

If I start seeing eBay sponsored listings on marketplace and Pinterest, I wonโ€™t be clicking on them! And Iโ€™ll be blocking the seller. 

How damn annoying. If I want to see eBay listings, Iโ€™ll log into eBay!! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

Quick question - does the social media share button for eBay AU give you incentives like a discounted FVF rate for sales made from sharing on social media?

I'm a US seller and last year at eBay Open, VP of Stores Tom Pinckney said they were working on a social sharing option that would reduce FVF to 2.5% for sales from social media shares and recently at the Spring Seller check in Tom said it was "coming soon" and would be released first as a test in Australia.

socialfees.jpg

Just curious if you all are seeing this yet.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

Hi,

I copied this from what ebay sent me.

• Share your listings by clicking on the โ€˜Shareโ€™ or โ€˜Share this itemโ€™ button from the seller hub active listings page, storefront, view item, coded coupon success page and more

• Items can be shared to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, WhatsApp and by Email

• You can also copy the link from the social sharing buttons

• Add an engaging caption and post your listing to social media 

• Reach more buyers who might not shop on eBay yet

• Save on your fees. For a limited time, eligible sellers will only be charged a 2.75% category percentage fee (+ $0.33 fixed order fee). Buyers must buy an item from the sellerโ€™s store using the shared link within 30 days of clicking the link and during the promotion period

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

Hi,

I sell on Ebay, Marketplace and Gumtree.

I found it very interesting on what you said, would you mind me asking you why you would block the seller.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

Hi,

If I have the same item and put it on Ebay I can receive a lot more for it than if I put it on marketplace. So with eBay fees and a higher price, Facebook, lower price I will come out even, whereas the buyer will get it cheaper if they buy from Facebook

I do sell on Ebay, marketplace and Gumtree

Thanks

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

I already explained why! ๐Ÿ˜‘

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply