Social media

Hi Guys,

Now that Ebay has bought out a share button for Facebook, Pinterest etc I was just wondering if anyone was going to take up the option.

If so, how would you go about it eg start a separate Facebook and Pinterest page to your personal one.

Does it work.

Any info on this subject would be much appeciated.

Thank you

Moya

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Social media

@lots-treasures wrote:

Hi,

I copied this from what ebay sent me.

• Share your listings by clicking on the โ€˜Shareโ€™ or โ€˜Share this itemโ€™ button from the seller hub active listings page, storefront, view item, coded coupon success page and more

• Items can be shared to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, WhatsApp and by Email

• You can also copy the link from the social sharing buttons

• Add an engaging caption and post your listing to social media 

• Reach more buyers who might not shop on eBay yet

• Save on your fees. For a limited time, eligible sellers will only be charged a 2.75% category percentage fee (+ $0.33 fixed order fee). Buyers must buy an item from the sellerโ€™s store using the shared link within 30 days of clicking the link and during the promotion period

Thanks! Glad they are at least moving forward with testing this out. Interested to hear what sellers think of it and if it helps drive more sales.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

You've already heard from sellers about this, assuming you have actually read the posts in this thread.

I'm not going to repeat MY observations. If you want to know what they are, read the thread.

Things might be different in the USA. People might think a 2 year old account with absolutely no activity might be suss. I do.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

I've taken up the option by sharing my eBay listings to my Facebook and Pinterest accounts. I've not received any reduced final value fees so far, and I'm not holding my breath that I will. It bothers me that there is no way of knowing if a sale is made as a result of the buyer clicking on my shared link. It's asking too much to blindly trust that eBay does actually honour the arrangement. I guess it's the same as taking up promoted listings, I never really know if sales were made as a result of being promoted, but I give it a go anyway.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

Hi. Were you able to share on Social in bulk or were you limited to one at a time? 

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Social media

I tried, but was unable to share in bulk (my store), no idea why. So I shared my listings one at a time to Facebook and then Pinterest. Only shared about 50 listings before I got bored and gave up. Still not received any reduced final value fees ... 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply