Sold listings re-appearing in active listings - help!!

I've noticed recently my sold and paid (and shipped) listings are reappearing in my "active" listings on my phone and the app - does anyone have this too? Any reason for this?

How can I fix this please!

Thanks in advance 

Emma

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Sold listings re-appearing in active listings - help!!

This has been going on for years and years.....eBay is aware but choose not to fix!

The problem is worldwide and has to do with their inadequate programming.....I apologise to the buyer and send them a copy of the 'latest thread' about it.....nothing else you can do, except complain for the umpteenth time

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

... or end them.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It happens to me about once / twice a year. Very annoying because the first I know about it is when someone buys an item that I no longer have because I sold it weeks, months, years ago. Some people (understandably) get upset;  I also refer them to threads like these (and apologise of course.) If the person has already paid I try to interest them in another item from my store, with a suitable discount. When you have a lot of  unique items listed, there is really nothing you can do; it is impractical to try and check all your listings daily, even weekly, just in case eBay has decided to goof around.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Aside from what others have recommended, I avoid using "sell similar" when adding new listings as it can cause a known duplication glitch to occur. If you've scheduled a listing after using sell similar to create it you won't know there's a double until after it goes live.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

This has happened to me, and I thought I was going nuts! I would receive a "congratulations, you made the sale of XYZ", and after pulling what is left of my hair out trying to find the items, then working out that the reason I couldn't find them was that they had been sold previously! 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I only noticed this because an item popped up in  "listings eligible to send offers"  and I recognized it as an item I had already sold.    So after a bit of digging and some hard slogging, I was able to work out that EVERY item I  have sold in the last 90 days  has been relisted as a "new listing".      Only way I could fix it was to identify each one and delete it.  

What a nightmare.    I am not a big seller so in the end it didn't take that long, but I pity any seller who has a high selling rate, there is a lot of work ahead.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks so much for posting this. What a nightmare for you. I did a quick random search through my 90 day sold items, and none had been re-listed. Hope that applies to them all. But I will try to stay alert.

Adding to something hortnell posted above, I have always used Sell Similar with Scheduled Listing and have not found it caused any particular duplication problems. When problems occur, it is my own mistake - ie forgetting to change ether title or photo in the Sell Similar listing. Which is why I always schedule my listings, even if I want to list them virtually straight away. It is much easier to check (and revise if necessary) a raft of Scheduled Listings, rather than ones which have already gone Live.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just did a check of all my sold (and ended) listing,  none have being relisted.

But, has anyone checked if multi quantity items are having issues,  most of mine are mutli quantity and variations,  not looking forward to having to do a stock take.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply