Some advice needed please!

5kazam
Community Member

I've always used 'Sell Similar' when listing a new item, as all the main bits of my 'spiel' remain constant.  I've only needed to change title, photos, body description, and postage dimension and weight.

Today I tried my usual thing, only to have a screen come up with 'Complete your Listing'.  An hour of chat got me nowhere (grrr!), so I've come here (which I should have done in the first place!!)

So, can you please let me know if the 'Sell Similar' feature (which is still on the drop down menu) has been discontinued.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Some advice needed please!

I've done several today with no problems. Am on a PC.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks for that.  I'll try again tomorrow.  With a bit of luck the glitch may have cleared itself by then.  

If not, I'll be on a call back to eBay.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

Replying to self to add, in this post I meant I've done several from ended  listings. 

Apologies for any confusion.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

I've relisted - several - marked ' ended ' - just clicked on the item - sell similar - no problems.

Not anything else - relist etc - only ' sell similar '.

Around - 7 - in the last half hour.

No probs.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

I use 'sell similar' for EVERYTHING....will come back and let you know if I'm having issues...using laptop on Edge

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

can confirm - no problems...hope you get it sorted

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks for the update.  Appreciated.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

I hope it's discontinued.  It's theft.

Seller does all the hardwork or spends the money on proper systems to build a listing and then people come and rip it off.

Not only are they stealing a listing they now have a listing which impersonates the listing of the seller they stole it from.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Sorry, but you've got it wrong. 

No-one is stealing anything. 

I, and the others who have posted, use Sell Similar against one of their own already listed items.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

Yay!!  I've finally worked it out.

It is a new page layout that eBay has dreamed up.  Click on 'Sell Similar' and 'Complete your Item' comes up. 

I can see now (which I couldn't earlier) that is the new layout to delete/add photos, and make any other changes to get the new listing.  Note though it's only when you move the mouse across that 'delete all photos', etc. appears.  As it's not showing initially, no wonder I wasn't able to work out what was going on.

(Can I be excused on the basis of aging blonde??!!)

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply