Some advice needed please!

5kazam
Community Member

I've always used 'Sell Similar' when listing a new item, as all the main bits of my 'spiel' remain constant.  I've only needed to change title, photos, body description, and postage dimension and weight.

Today I tried my usual thing, only to have a screen come up with 'Complete your Listing'.  An hour of chat got me nowhere (grrr!), so I've come here (which I should have done in the first place!!)

So, can you please let me know if the 'Sell Similar' feature (which is still on the drop down menu) has been discontinued.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Some advice needed please!

@p9games wrote:

I hope it's discontinued.  It's theft.

Seller does all the hardwork or spends the money on proper systems to build a listing and then people come and rip it off.

Not only are they stealing a listing they now have a listing which impersonates the listing of the seller they stole it from.

Perhaps read the whole thread.

You got it wrong. lol

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Nup - you'll need a better excuse than that. lol

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

I've given up on using chat, hours wasted with no solutions for anything lately. 

I always use Sell Similar to list new items also, one of the ebay staff tried to tell me that that was the reason some of my listings had been mistakenly included in a markdown sale I initiated. I created a rule for the sale, that items $20.00 and above were to be marked down. Somehow, a few items less than $20.00 were marked down. These items sold, resulting in a loss for me. Was told the fault lay with me using Sell Similar rather than listing items from scratch. I don't think that's true at all, just didn't want to compensate me, or admit the system was at fault.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

I understand.  When I managed listings manually I did the same - copying my existing listings

However plenty of sellers use Sell Similar to clone listings from other sellers.  Happens to me all the time.  Their listings look just like mine.  Be like opening a fake maccas next to an existing one to poach their customers and take advantage of their brand.  

It's become much more prevalent since mandatory item specifics.  Sellers are too lazy to do it or can't justify the investment in APi connected software so they steal it from those that do.  

When you clone your own listings it's a justified short cut.  When you clone listings from other sellers it's theft, but Ebay permit and encourage it.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply