Somebody stole my listing and ebay Help is unresponsive ...

Hi

Same old chestnut,

I have someone who has copied and pasted my listing virtually word for word and 'stolen' 3 of 4 original photos as well.

As soon as I discovered this I contacted eBay almost 24 hours ago.

The listing is still there as of 5 minutes ago...

How long before they do anything?

I don't feel comfortable contacting the seller myself either.

Just so peed off as I am not a big seller and each of my listings take me hours to do and someone comes along and swipes my ad in 5 minutes.

Obviously I can't put any item numbers here to compare but so angry!

Any other avenues I can take would be of great help.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No, live chat is pretty much null and void these days

Try this link: http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1491

And call them or request a call back. You can email, but you may not receive a response.

I had to report someone for doing the exact same thing, I ended up calling them and giving them the listing ID and the listing ID of that which they had copied. They removed it pretty quickly.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

It's perfectly fine to put in itme numbers on these boards, however if you're uncomfortable with doing this, could you tell us which one of your listings has been copies?

I had this happen to me with one of my buyers.  I used the Report Item link and ebay removed their listing within an hour.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I had this problem a few years ago, after reporting them to eBay they were pretty much removed instantly.

I guess you reported under Copyright & Trademark ---> images or text copied from your listing --> copied pictures or text.

I contacted a seller first, they had copied all the photos and description (typo's and all) from my listing. They had the attitude pics on the net were for thetaking. I explained if I opened up a hardware store, I wouldn't use photos from a Bunnings catalogue for my advertising.. they didn't care less. I reported it and it was removed.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

No wait, I think I found it, they stole your photos 3,4 and 5 AND your description....in very fine print. The user name being the colour of grass and a type of long necked pond bird and 19?

Well, the first seller I mentioned also stole your main photo by the looks of it. Or are the full length photos stock photos?

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I think after the issues a couple of sellers have had on here with scamming buyers, I don't think you can ever have too many photos when it comes to clothes!!!

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Did you report the listing via the report button, or did you contact eBay directly?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I reported the listing via the Report button.

I was going to use Live Help but that doesn't appear to exist these days...

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

No, live chat is pretty much null and void these days

Try this link: http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1491

And call them or request a call back. You can email, but you may not receive a response.

I had to report someone for doing the exact same thing, I ended up calling them and giving them the listing ID and the listing ID of that which they had copied. They removed it pretty quickly.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

It's perfectly fine to put in itme numbers on these boards, however if you're uncomfortable with doing this, could you tell us which one of your listings has been copies?

I had this happen to me with one of my buyers.  I used the Report Item link and ebay removed their listing within an hour.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the help.

I may ring ebay if the listing is still there tomorrow morning.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

That was good to have the item removed within the hour. No such luck for me.
The Camilla Twilight Circus kaftan is the item. there are only a couple listed on ebay at the moment, so comparisons will be easy to detect ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Prior to putting my store name on all pictures I had one 'nicked'.

It was actually an item I sold - the buyer was resellling using my photos.

Emailed the culprit telling him that was my photo please replace it with your own.

He emailed back telling me his 'cousin' took the photos.

Well, very indignantly I replied 'given the background I can assure you your cousin does not live at my home'.

He removed it.

Bit of a back handed compliment having your pics 'nicked'.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I had this problem a few years ago, after reporting them to eBay they were pretty much removed instantly.

I guess you reported under Copyright & Trademark ---> images or text copied from your listing --> copied pictures or text.

I contacted a seller first, they had copied all the photos and description (typo's and all) from my listing. They had the attitude pics on the net were for thetaking. I explained if I opened up a hardware store, I wouldn't use photos from a Bunnings catalogue for my advertising.. they didn't care less. I reported it and it was removed.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Well, the one that I think it is, they have this at the bottom of the listing....

Sellers CAN NOT use our photographs or advertisement descriptions.Please refer to eBay Guidelines on Copyright and Trademark.

Offenders WILL be reported and items cancelled

3 words.....pot, kettle, black.

Assuming it's that seller (same main photo?), it's OK for them to steal photos, but no-one can then steal the ones they've stolen?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply