Auction ends 01 Nov, 2015 14:48 AEDST
Bids: 0
Postage: AU $17.00
View your listing
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Sometimes you just gotta SMILE - message from Ebay member received

What a nong! I don't have children, but clearly that person has not priced Lamaze toys lately.....or Fisher Price for that matter! Let them buy new, they'll pay 4 times that just for one.

I still don't know why people feel the need to send messages like that. If you think it's too dear, don't buy it! No one is holding a gun to anyone's head. shooting.gif

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I still don't know why people feel the need to send messages like that. If you think it's too dear, don't buy it! No one is holding a gun to anyone's head. shooting.gif

Wouldn't matter Tippy.

Not much up there anyway.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Haha yeah, didn't even warrant a reply. So I just smiled.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

ooak3
Community Member

i have had this happen a couple of times they want you to say ok you can have them for $2 and free postage express of coarse !!!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

What a nong! I don't have children, but

Tippy - I only have one - & - she's spare.

Robot wink

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I can sympathise. 

Yesterday I had a prospective buyer ask me to change my settings:- "Hi there can you change settings ? I can't seem to bid".

When I looked at the buyer activity log the problem was she had too many UICs .  Responded to her that I have blocks in place as I don't sell overseas or to buyers with too many unpaid item problems and I wasn't prepared to change them -  thinking that was gentler than just referring to unpaid item claims. 

She wrote back:-   "Oh well I won't be buying the knife block .. Pretty sure it won't sell either".

I'd also like to thank all the board contributors who promote blocking non paying buyers as that was why I did it - think I've dodged a few bullets the past few months.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I also block those who haven't been phone verified and I had one person with 3 different accounts try to buy something the other day. I assumed it was the same person as there was only a very slight variation in the username. Too much of a coincidence not to be. Sometimes if I can see the non verified has accumulated a few feedback and the feedback is good, plus the feedback they have left is good I'll unblock them, but I won't do it for someone who created 3 accounts on the same day they try to buy with 0 feedback. I have had lots of 0 feedback buyers who were able to buy because they were verified, and they were all great. Some have become repeat buyers.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hi Everyone

How can you check if a buyer is verified?

I have buyer requirements/ blocks in place for buyers also and I think it works really well. Unfortunately I had one blocked buyer get through and purchase something but I cancelled the transaction and took the hit on the defects.  This buyer was very aggressive & abusive as she was trying to receive a partial refund and to keep the goods also for very unusual reasons.  I did explain that her transaction would be cancelled and we could not fulfill any orders from her.  I received messages for months begging to buy again. Some people are just crazy. 99.9% of buyers are great the .1% are dreadful. Thank goodness they are rare for me.

Cheers

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@southcoastcandlecosales wrote:

Hi Everyone

How can you check if a buyer is verified?

I have buyer requirements/ blocks in place for buyers also and I think it works really well. Unfortunately I had one blocked buyer get through and purchase something but I cancelled the transaction and took the hit on the defects.  This buyer was very aggressive & abusive as she was trying to receive a partial refund and to keep the goods also for very unusual reasons.  I did explain that her transaction would be cancelled and we could not fulfill any orders from her.  I received messages for months begging to buy again. Some people are just crazy. 99.9% of buyers are great the .1% are dreadful. Thank goodness they are rare for me.

Cheers

If the buyer requirement blocks are in place, the unverified won't be able to buy. My settings are set so that only buyers with less than 5 feedback who are unverified can't buy, but it looks like if that box is unticked that no unverified buyers can buy.

For buyers like the one you mention, you need to add them to your blocked buyer list to stop them http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin Of course they can then just open another account if they are determined, but if they don't verify their account (either by phone or adding PayPal/credit card to it), then they still won't be able to buy.

When you set your buyer requirements, make sure you tick the box down the bottom to stop blocked buyers from contacting you.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply