Stalkerish Messages

Am I able to block buyers from contacting me?

I have had a user messaging me inappropriately.

What also concerns me (well my husband more than me) is that he is quoting listings from months ago yet the user is only a few days old which means they have been following my account under different user accounts
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Stalkerish Messages

Add them to your Blocked Bidders List and tick the box to block communications as well.

BBL - Select account tab then site prefs. Then buyer requirements and to the right show n edit.

At the bottom is the BBL.

You can also set other blocks if you wish.

The block for members with unpaid strikes is almost a must.

image host
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

If the listings they have been mentioning are less than 90 days old they may have looked at your completed items. Listings will stay visible in there for 90 days before falling into the abyss. They may have seen your active listing and then had a look at your completed items to see if there were any unsold in there that might be relisted soon. Doesn't explain inappropriate messages though.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

Might be a long reach, but it wouldn't be related to the neutral you received by any chance? (I just had a quick peek at your FB profile to see if there was anyone who might have had issues and decided to follow your profile, and it struck me as an utterly bizarre comment all-round, but maybe there's some context that makes it less so Smiley Embarassed). 

Didn't work wife is pregnant! Hahaha  (Mini Encyclopedia of dog training and behaviour)

You currently have 13 followers, so take a look at those and see if any of them seem familiar:

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/simple.yet.fancy

I'd follow kope's advice, and if the messages continue in any form, respond once to tell them not to contact you again, then - if they do - ignore and report them for every message they send. 

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

Thanks guys.
I thought at first it was just that they had checked the sold listings but they mentioned watching the bidding etc.

I will check the followers as well (didn't know they existed)

I have no idea what that feedback was about either.

Will add to the blocked list.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

you might also want to print out any messages you are worried about and pop into your local police station and report them. this member might just get a knock on his door and a please explain.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

@simple.yet.fancy wrote:

I thought at first it was just that they had checked the sold listings but they mentioned watching the bidding etc.

You can still see the bidding history on the Sold items.   Do the inappropriate messages have anything to do with the bidders/bidding history?
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

saarzi
Community Member

You can block them, but if they really have it in for you, it could provoke them into creating other ID's, and causing you more trouble.

If that happens, phone Ebay, tell them exactly whats happening and see if they can tell you if its all the same person (and if they will give you any more info). They may be able to warn the person or block from their end, or something.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

Many buyers who are interested in specific items will carefully watch the bidding pattern (this is public, but the individual bidder names are private to everyone else except the seller).  Also as others have stated, details of your completed listings [both sold & unsold] from mid Jan (90 days ago) are viewable by everyone.

However, apart from messages about your listings, if the content of these messages is inappropriate in some other way, follow the suggestions of others here and most importantly do not respond to inappropriate messages.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Stalkerish Messages

I checked the bidding history and can not find any links as to why they may be contacting me.

I have checked previous bidders to see if there new user name is similar to any that have purchased previously.
There were 4 buyers in the past 2 years that have very similar user IDs but dont know if they are the same person and they were all smooth transactions.

May just be someone with too much time on their hands
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply