Standard letter untracked option is missing.

ttkoo
Community Member

So I can not now offer a cheap Standard letter untracked option in my postage methods. It was there until yesterday, now gone. Who would want to purchase a $1.50 2 cent coin and have to pay $9.70 to get it posted. It's only nickel-and-dime stuff but with excessive postage is nothing-and-gone. Is this only happening to me or has this become the latest eBay policy?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Standard letter untracked option is missing.

Obvious to me that eBay's automated monitoring of my sales shows that I don't use their preferred options for delivery. They are missing out on their cut.

So I resort to calling my postage method Standard Parcel Delivery and charge $1.50 or $6.00 registered.

Problem resolved. Thanks to those who gave meaningful advice. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

have you tried 'sell similar'?

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

@ttkoo wrote:

So I can not now offer a cheap Standard letter untracked option in my postage methods. It was there until yesterday, now gone. Who would want to purchase a $1.50 2 cent coin and have to pay $9.70 to get it posted. It's only nickel-and-dime stuff but with excessive postage is nothing-and-gone. Is this only happening to me or has this become the latest eBay policy?

You can buy prepaid tracked envelopes over the counter for $3.15.   I wouldnt send anything untracked even if its only a 2 cent coin

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

You're right - the letter options are gone.    Means a call to ebay, I'm afraid.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

I disagree.    Plenty of small items are still sent by letters, untracked.  

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Still showing as an option

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

you're right, it's back.   Whew.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I disagree.    Plenty of small items are still sent by letters, untracked.  

Not sure how you can disagree,  I said ""I wouldnt send anything untracked"",  which I don't.  Fact.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Sugar, well I could have said "it is not helpful to say 'You can buy prepaid tracked envelopes over the counter for $3.15' when the original poster is saying that he has a problem choosing letter (either tracked or untracked) in his postage options"  but I didn't.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Obvious to me that eBay's automated monitoring of my sales shows that I don't use their preferred options for delivery. They are missing out on their cut.

So I resort to calling my postage method Standard Parcel Delivery and charge $1.50 or $6.00 registered.

Problem resolved. Thanks to those who gave meaningful advice. 

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply