Strange ebay note attached to listings.

Hi  all - I have just noticed when I search items some of my listings have a strange message placed by eBay. 

• AU $58.00
    Trending at AU $106.32 *
  • Free postage

* (eBay determines this price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days.) 

Only appears on the search page and not on the listing.  The listings are BIN  - Not sure how they obtain this information and really do not like it on my listings in the search section. 

Anyone else having this placed on their listings. It is not on all my listings but quite a few in the Beatrix Potter range.

Interested to know if anyone else has noticed. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Now you mention it, I did see it on a couple of items a while back, but it doesn't seem to be on everything.

Personally, if I really want to see how much similar items are selling for, I would tend to look up completed listings for myself, as there are a lot of factors that could affect price or whetehr I would buy-whether it is new or not, size, condition, where it is located, postage cost, colour etc

but I am guessing a lot of customers wouldn't have a clue how to do that so it may be useful to them as a guide.

But I take it a bit like those facebook messages about trending topics-you ever see any of those? Sometimes they claim about a squillion people are talking about some obscure topic. I don't think so.Smiley Tongue

These things are a rough guide but to be taken with a pinch of salt. Just my opinion.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@6508.froggy wrote:

Hi  all - I have just noticed when I search items some of my listings have a strange message placed by eBay. 

• AU $58.00
    Trending at AU $106.32 *
  • Free postage

* (eBay determines this price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days.) 

Only appears on the search page and not on the listing.  The listings are BIN  - Not sure how they obtain this information and really do not like it on my listings in the search section. 

Anyone else having this placed on their listings. It is not on all my listings but quite a few in the Beatrix Potter range.

Interested to know if anyone else has noticed. 

If $58 is your listed  price I would not complain . Ebay basically says buyers to buy from you because it is normally sold for $106.32

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply