Tax configuration Help! eBay/Shopify

I have eBay linked to my Shopify store. Shopify is configured correctly and when I receive an order through my website, it calculates the sale including 10% GST (example, item $100 + $10 tax = $110). When I get a transaction through eBay, it records it as GST Free in Shopify because eBay is not flagging the tax, it's simply saying (example, item $110, no tax)... Therefore Shopify is recording the $110 as having no tax.. changing these invoices manually is very time consuming as I have to remove the payment and repply... this is making my accounting impossible and I have had to halt recording these transactions.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No.

It seems to be a result of you automating your accounts. Given you seem to not sell much on eBay, maybe spend the time to reconcile.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Being an Australian seller, you can not add GST onto your sale price, therefore your $100  ebay sale  is approx $91.00  + 9.00 GST.

Only sellers from overseas are permitted to add GST to the sale price.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sold 180 items in 2 months on eBay. So no, not looking to reconcile manually.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I dont want to add GST to my sales price. My item prices include GST. I want the transactions recorded in my accounting system as including 10% GST. The feed going back to the accounting system is recording transactions as being GST free.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I have the same issue. I even complained to eBay directly.

Our Shopify orders are synced into a larger ERP software as well, which means manually adjusting all orders to include GST... so much for automation.

All it needs is a sales tax table like the eBay integration in Shopify already has for USA customers.
https://connectebay.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023813532-eBay-Sales-Tax

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

You'd be better off asking the Shopify community, or somewhere like an Aus markeplace seller facebook groups, as you're likely to reach more sellers using multiple platforms and have encountered - then implemented solutions for - problems like this. I use Shopify but do my accounting pretty much manually, so can't help with that, but I suspect since there is literally nothing on eBay AU that distinguishes or extracts GST from sale prices, you'd most likely need to use a third-party accounting program that sets up a specific rule for eBay revenue. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Any one ever find a way to solve this?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Also chasing an update on this if anyone has been able to solve. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply