The great Ebay scam

comcol
Community Member

So is this how the so called managed payments scam actually works?

Buyer used paypal to purchase items but Ebay refuses to send the money to paypal but instead holds it in their own accounts for 24-48 hrs or longer earning interest from millions of dollars it receives every day and then you wait another 2-3 days or more for it to even turn up in your bank account.

Talk about a complete scam.

Sure hope Ebay doesn't think I will be sending items out til the money is in my account because I won't be.

I would not trust Ebay as far as I can spit.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: The great Ebay scam

sugar249 where is your listings, you have no listings at all.............

Grammar police here - where ARE your listings.........😁

image host
Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

With 64 posts on the boards I would have thought you'd have realised by now that posters often use posting ID's and not their selling ID's for the boards (as recommended by eBay).

Yo Padi,

Pretty sure tickford was commenting on this >

Capture.JPG

No Avi, FB or View Listings on sugars id - has been an ongoing glitch on the US boards for about 2 weeks now

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Mmmmmmmmm that’s a problem……… especially in Auction environments 

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

@tickford-t3 wrote:

sugar249 where is your listings, you have no listings at all................. 

Not sure what point you are trying to make, does it matter if I don't have any listings,  I can still make comments, or do you need listings to comment.

But to set the record straight I have 2 listings on this ID at the present time, yes I know thats not many.  But on one other account I have a couple of hundred, with over a thousand items.   And I won't go into my third account.

But hey why do I have to justify it anyhow.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

@comcol wrote:

So is this how the so called managed payments scam actually works?

Buyer used paypal to purchase items but Ebay refuses to send the money to paypal but instead holds it in their own accounts for 24-48 hrs or longer earning interest from millions of dollars it receives every day and then you wait another 2-3 days or more for it to even turn up in your bank account.

Have you ever paid with something using a credit or debit card? 

Ever looked at your bank account right after making the payment?

Ever notice that the payment you've sent is pending for a day or two?

Ever wondered why PayPal credited your account and made the funds available immediately when buyers paid using credit / debit cards, despite the same processing system where funds wouldn't just immediately transfer from bank to PayPal? 

If you had ever read their T&Cs, you would know that they basically considered it an advance on money that would *probably* clear, and for all intents and purposes was still theirs until it did clear, lol. Then, sometimes it actually wouldn't and they'd take it back.  eBay have at least guaranteed that funds which have a processing status will clear and be sent - no take-backsies like PayPal. 😅 (Buyer-initiated disputes notwithstanding).

Instant gratification - such a blessing and a curse 🤣

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

3 accounts WoW 

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

r u bored

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply