This is what Ebay are sending your watchers

Example of email send to YOUR watchers by Ebay

"You watched at AU $27.95. We found one similar for AU $23.95."

Actively directing them away from your items. One of the reason they are tightening up on product identifiers so they can do this more accurately.

This is like Westfield Shopping cenyter management actively going into sportsgirl and accosting customers browsing the racks and telling them they can go and get similar cheaper at Jay Jays.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: This is what Ebay are sending your watchers

To make matters worse the only thing the "competitor" had in common was it it was also a dress and it was black and grey..Not even the same brand or style..Not even close. Listing doesn't have a product identifier, so you still get this, I am assuming it was matched just because of a couple of words in the title matched. A product identifier would probably produce a closer match..

Either way it seems to be the way things are on the internet now with your searches ghosting you on many sites you visit, so we just got work these best way with it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

This undercuts Ebay's revenues.  If Seller A has a buyer at $20, Ebay gets $2.  If Seller B has a buyer at $15, Ebay gets 1.5.  Makes no sense.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I'm just sick to death of the this item is no longer available emails, when they're my bluddy items that have ended and relisted. F F S eBay, like we don't get enough spam already. We know when our own items have ended.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

To make matters worse the only thing the "competitor" had in common was it it was also a dress and it was black and grey..Not even the same brand or style..Not even close. Listing doesn't have a product identifier, so you still get this, I am assuming it was matched just because of a couple of words in the title matched. A product identifier would probably produce a closer match..

Either way it seems to be the way things are on the internet now with your searches ghosting you on many sites you visit, so we just got work these best way with it.

I'm grateful their "similiar" items aren't similar because most buyers wouldn't bother looking after the first couple of times, as I don't.  I've sold a few things that I know my competitors have a lot cheaper so I'm not fussed about their stupid emails.  

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply