Three free relistings hit and miss

I don't know if this is the same for everyone but, since the 3 free relistings have come back option doesn't always appear.  I list an item, hit continue and sometimes the box is there.  If it isn't I hit 'edit' then 'continue' and it's there.

Do you think this is something that may just disappear again? 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

But it seems powersellers, wel at least some, have them back now.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Power Sellers can get them but NOT businesses....mine have been 'glitchy' too, but when I'm not offered the option, I just revise straight away & it's there

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
bare in mind that listings may already be on their 3rd relist cycle so when you have a look the box will not be there

i just checked my next 2 ending listings and thats what happened
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

I have had all my listings deleted,I never deleted them or asked to have them deleted,so there goes my 40 free listings!

On my other accounts all the descriptions for all the listings have been deleted, and free postage for more than one item purchased ebay has added the full postage price for extra items purchased when I charge $0 for them.

What the hell is going on??

Ebay can't even give me an answer???

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

That sounds a little scary.   On another account I have vintage items, I'm thinking of trying out another platform for those items.  This is getting a little too whacky for my liking.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

It's getting alot whackier,on one of my buying accounts all of the items that I am bidding on have disappeared?

I have scanned my whole computer for virus's and malwere and it's all good so unless ebays site has been hacked into I don't know what's going on.

Or perhaps this might be ebays way of trying to get rid of me?

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

I'll take a stab in the dark and say you've been hacked. There are some rather nasty bits of Malware that regular programs don't detect. You can fall into a false sense of security when you get a clean bill of health. If you're familiar with what processes you're meant to have in task manager, you might be able to see something.

Open up task manager, select to see processes from all users and see if you have dllhost running. If it is, how many instances are there and how much CPU are they using. The virus that attaches itself to that is one of the ones causing most of the issues at the moment as far as hacking goes. Most of the time it comes from dodgy emails, but I know of a few people who have got it just by visiting websites. 

Most antimalware programs won't detect it. One of the Norton programs does detect it, but can't get rid of it. This thing just runs in the background sending absolutely everything you do to somewhere in Russia. I would suggest at the moment, until you can find out for sure if you do have malware, change your passwords using your phone that is disconnected from your home network.

If your dllhost process is using more than 15% CPU, let me know and I'll tell you how to get rid of it.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

No there is no hacker in my computer,had it checked out and it's all ok.

The only hacker here is ebay,they are trying to make me not sell and as proof of this is that I just accepted the 100 free listings and when I listed I was charged the listing fee so **bleep** you ebay and all of your **bleep**en glitches that you have put in front of me,I am sick and tired of your games so if you want the little seller to leave then you have got your wish I'm OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

That sounds awful.  I know eBay has it's glitches and I suspect there is some conspiracy afoot, with the 3 free relistings being given, taken away and sort of given back here and there but I don't believe they're evil.  I also am looking at experimenting with other selling sites but I'll still keep hold of the existing eBay accounts I have.  I strongly urge you to do the same and contact eBay to find out what's going on.   Don't cut all your bridges.  When all goes well it is fun, isn't it?

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

It doesn't need to be a hacker in your computer.

You could have had your ebay account hacked and that you can't check, only ebay can by seeing what IP addresses your account has been accessed from.

image host
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply