Three free relistings hit and miss

I don't know if this is the same for everyone but, since the 3 free relistings have come back option doesn't always appear.  I list an item, hit continue and sometimes the box is there.  If it isn't I hit 'edit' then 'continue' and it's there.

Do you think this is something that may just disappear again? 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Three free relistings hit and miss

I can second that they are telling different people different things and have no idea what's happening. 

I had my relists disappear, and was told in no uncertain terms I shouldnt have had them in the first place as they are for new sellers only. Two days later, they magically reappeared. Now, either I am not eligable and their system is severely broken, or I am eligable and customer service refused to listen or help in any way. Neither option makes me happy.

Now, approx 1 in 20 listings don't have the box appear, despite all being made the same way, but if I go back later it often appears.

Ebay CS told me that business sellers are not eligable, however, they specifically told me when pushed that this is NOT the account type being set to business seller, but that ebay has a definition for business seller that is automated. They refused to give any definition of this or the eligability requirements and there is nothing on the help pages, it's a totally internal, secret system which can heavily impact our businesses, which is totally wrong and immoral in my opinion. How can I plan my business without knowing whether my items can be listed for 1 month or 4 months on a single insertion! 

I AM a power seller, I DO own a store, and for now I DO have free relistings, though they are glitchy. So, power seller and store status do not seem to be the factors which stop others.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply