Timing of receipt of messages

I just received the Spring Seller release message - message dated 27/04/2015 (today is 28/04 !)  and I have received 5 messages since then that I had read  ???  I can't help but wonder how often this happens with buyers messages ??  Very unprofessional . . . . . .

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

it is still the 27th in California where the message probably originated

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Spring Seller Release???    Not here by gawd.

You should have received the Autumn Seller Release

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/seller-release-Autumn15

And it looks verrrry interesting

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

I just received the Spring Seller release message - message dated 27/04/2015 (today is 28/04 !)  and I have received 5 messages since then that I had read  ???  I can't help but wonder how often this happens with buyers messages ??  Very unprofessional . . . . . .

Not sure if related, but I had a lot of problems with sending and receiving message via eBay the last couple of weeks. 

Some would never send at all, and others would send several hours after I actually wrote / sent it (ditto for customer messages & replies). Made it very difficult to communicate, and answer questions, especially if my first repy made it through straight away and the buyer asked a follow-up question, but that reply didn't go through for hours, and resending didn't help, two would just go through hours afterwards - who knows how many buyers sent questions that I never received 😞 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Ooopsie, yes stawks you are correct, my bad -  Smiley Embarassed it was the Autumn release & yes, looks like some verrrry interesting things coming soon - more for them to st*ff up and fiddle with !

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

digi I had a very embarrassing situation with messages a week or so ago.  I sent a buyer a message about her order and quite a few hours later I got a reply - forget the exact words, but she apologized for taking a while to reply & said she just hadn't checked her email & implied I had sent several (impatient) messages (which of course I hadn't).  I received her message 3 or 4 times !  So I quickly replied & explained I had received her msg several times & my apologies if she was receiving mine more than once, that it must be an eBay glitch.  I never heard back from her Smiley Sad  And what made it worse, I was offering her a free item because she hadn't requested combined post, so I was trying to ask what charm she would like as compensation - in the end I refunded the overpayment.

Great Buyer Experience !!  And yes, one does wonder if all messages actually make it through - both ways - guess we'll never know.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

That is a possibility, but I received the same msg in my Private email at 12.30pm yesterday, so it just seemed a bit odd given all the other issues at the moment & the problems with messages over the last few weeks

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply