To store or not to store

So, I've decided to set up some new accounts to seperate my sales.I want to have separate accounts for womens clothes and childrens clothes, and then use this account for general sales, books, household items etc. On each of the two clothing accounts I would be looking at having around 300 active items at this point.

The big pull, for me, to use a store was the 30-day listings. But these days, with free relisting available, standard users getting free listings constantly, and stores receiving few, is it really worth making the accounts store accounts? I wonder if I might be better off using free relisting and listing offers and get just about as far with the items I am selling. Either I use my stores 200 free listings for 30 days each, and with free relisting run those items 4 times, or I use one of the, at this point seemingly bi-monthly, standard seller freebies, giving me 300 listings a month but those listings only lasting 10 days plus 3 free relists... I don't know.

Are there any other major advantages to having a store? There's a light reduction in fees but since I'm selling in clothes and accessories the reduction isn't all that great anyway. Does it help search results much? (and on that note, does TRS really effect search results much?) To test out the search and best match stuff I went looking for some items this morning, and in the top pages were people with 3-word titles, no store, no TRS, under 50 feedback with 10-day BINs, while my TRS store account wasn't even in the top 200, making me think the search results are basically completely random because they don't seem to make much sense to me.

Is a store worth it for sellers with less than 500 items? Do the free 10 day listings for standard sellers occur often enough to balance out with a basic store with 200 30 day listings? Will I suddenly become invisible without a store?

Thanks for any advice guys

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: To store or not to store

It is hard to say and best to experience. Try for month or two and see if it gets better or not.

In my case it was making things more burried and buyers would be confused and would not look

into categories and having all in one bits the purpose..

so here not so much..

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: To store or not to store

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
Nobody knows your circumstances, how much you list how much you sell etc etc. so it's pretty hard to give an opinion on weather you should open a store. No one really knows what the search algorithm is either. Free listings are not a given if you are a casual seller.

I just read the OP as a seller pondering about eBay stuff and wanting some general discussion.

I didn't find it hard it all hard to share some of my experience regarding a store.

If its too hard to give an opinion, why give an opinion that its too hard to give an opinion and then give an opinion anyway... lol

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply