Totally baffles Aus Post send notice saying I owe$80.60!!

Received underpaid notice...

Date lodged 23/5214 1 $90.15 postage on article correct postage $152.75

"       "                    "   1 $0.00         "                  "               "             $  18.00

Invoice asking for $80.60

In the sample of addressee section it says for 12 underpaid articles with ebay labels during 17/3 to 30/5/14

What the hec????????????

I weigh all my parcels prior to printing labels to ensure correct postage and weight are done...

Will definately be phoning Aus Post MOnday to see what they are playing at.

checked my receipts for that day sent 2 @500grms via ebay postage labelling $7.15 paid for each

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Totally baffles Aus Post send notice saying I owe$80.60!!

I made myself a 20mm slot so I can check mine if I think they come close. There was one that I really had to jam it through but I thought the worst that will happen is I'll get a bill for the difference of an over 20mm package. I didn't. However, one time when I ran out of stamps, I took it into the shop and when they put it through their slot, it didn't fall through freely and wanted to charge me $6.95 (the rate at the time), instead of $1.20, so I took it back home and popped the item in a thinner padded bag that I had here and that fixed the problem. That was one of the reasons I made my 20mm slot.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

I posted an item last month, was quoted from AP $42.20, went in and was charged only $9.95 so AP lost, there fault, idiot behind the counter pushed the wrong button, got the receipt and left quickly, went back the next day and seen a different person for a price on the same package and they said it should be $42.20 for that size package, didn't say I sent it the day before, posted something else and left.

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

....and then there's me... I always point out discrepancies in what I'm being charged at the AP counter, whether it's in my favour or not. Safe to say the staff at my PO not only appreciate it, but also trust me when I bring something to their attention and are wonderful when we need to fix something up. 

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

the other day I used AP website for pricing on a parcel which was $19.00 something, went to my Favourite AP outlet and got charged $15.15, I mentioned online was more than that to her and she said I look after you and undersize your package for cheaper rate, I said I did the same by 3cm all round but could not get that price even changed the weight to 2kg instead of 5kg, she smiled and handed the receipt to me and I left.

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

I'm quite well known at my local PO too, but I never get postage discounts and I never expect them. If I get a card in my mailbox to collect a parcel after 3pm, they let me collect it any time after 10am, because they know that I know that by that time it's back at the shop. That's one way they look after me. It's all well and good for the staff to give postage discounts and reduce the size and weight, but they're not the ones that can potentially get a bill when someone at the sorting centre decides to work by the book because the boss is there, and weigh everything. It's YOU. Then you would probably come on here and whinge because you get a bill for underpaid postage. I don't like paying the amount of postage that it costs any more than the next person, but I expect to pay what I am supposed to pay for that item....no more, no less. There are plenty of businesses where you can get mates rates, Aust Post shouldn't be one of them because at the end of the day, when they realise they are losing money because people are rorting them, they increase their costs and well all end up paying more.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

Last year I sent a parcel with registered postage and Aust Post lost it. I sent another lot of items to my customer registered which they received. I claimed back the lost parcel and was given compensation for the lost parcel. 3 months later I received the original parcel back still with the registered label on it, just at my front door. I told my local PO and they just shook their heads. I don't know why AP didn't check the registration bar code.  I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing there!!

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

NEVER attach any labels that indicate your package is an ebay article.

Attaching ebay labels to your packages is of NO,i repeat,NO benefit.

Fine if you're using a courier etc...NOT fine if you are using Aussie Post.

Why?

Ebay and Aussie Post are now colluding to sap you,the seller,of every last cent they can (eg-fees on postage).

DO NOT indicate it is an ebay article or it will be scutinized way more than what normal,unmarked packages are.

There is a dirty circle within this system and two of the players are mentioned above.

The other "players" are within the retail sector...

they whinged like babies to the Government and like spoilt little brats,threw a tantrum and got their selfish little ways (LOTS of "If you scatch my back,I'll scratch yours" deals were done behind closed doors).

Bricks and mortar retailers were suffering BIG time,their massive profits weren't massive enough...due to the surge in popularity of e-commerce (on-line traders). 

When e-commerce became sooooo popular,It was one of the only times in retail history that the average man was nailing the rich man's profit.

SEE WHAT THEY DO WHEN YOU START WINNING.

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

I have the same problem as you. Just got hit by Australia Post for 22 items with postage variation. Called them and they can't give me any details on which items were over and what the variation they are charging for. Like you I am very careful with weights and size of parcels. Started to use Click and Save in March. Never had a problem before wth over the counter transactions.

Typical government operation - isn't there some sort of obligation to provide details of what they are charging me for. Nothing.

So they then tell me a debt collector will be on my case if I don't pay. Why do I have to trust they got it right.

Typical ripe off and a big business that bullies small customer to pay. Not good enough but really no other option.

Not happy.

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

@emeraldtarpon wrote:

NEVER attach any labels that indicate your package is an ebay article.

Attaching ebay labels to your packages is of NO,i repeat,NO benefit.

Fine if you're using a courier etc...NOT fine if you are using Aussie Post.

Why?

Ebay and Aussie Post are now colluding to sap you,the seller,of every last cent they can (eg-fees on postage).

DO NOT indicate it is an ebay article or it will be scutinized way more than what normal,unmarked packages are.

There is a dirty circle within this system and two of the players are mentioned above.

The other "players" are within the retail sector...

they whinged like babies to the Government and like spoilt little brats,threw a tantrum and got their selfish little ways (LOTS of "If you scatch my back,I'll scratch yours" deals were done behind closed doors).

Bricks and mortar retailers were suffering BIG time,their massive profits weren't massive enough...due to the surge in popularity of e-commerce (on-line traders). 

When e-commerce became sooooo popular,It was one of the only times in retail history that the average man was nailing the rich man's profit.

SEE WHAT THEY DO WHEN YOU START WINNING.

I totally agree. You are much better off paying 10% more to use AP services through Click & Send than you are using eBay's label system. And eBay will thank you, as they get that little bit (10%) more in FVF.

Have you actually read what you wrote?

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

Phoned AP 2/6, cs lady said she would send email to the Ünderpaid Postage section"still no word today.

Called again, had to go through the whole saga again. This time I insisted on getting a ref# of the call.

Even the AP CS person today said it is unfair to hit with 12 underpaid articles without providing proper details so I could either agree or disagree. As I said - I have records of weights etc.

I will not pay UNTIL they provide with relevant details ie: article number and address where sent so I can match up my end. I know they will be wrong.

I feel quite strongly about this and I will go to small claims simply on the principle of the matter if they do not cancel the payment oweing - if they cannot provide me fair details of which articles I can't see how they justify an invoice with out proper info.

CS fella today was on my side however I need the Underpaid dept to be also.

I made a note of name date and time of my call so if need be I can refer to it later ( calls are recorded!)

Will let you know how I go.

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply