Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

The new freight policy says 95% of sales need to be tracked. I sell a lot under $15 and if I add tracking customers will not buy the items.

if I do not track I am disadvantaged in the listing.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

What new freight policy?

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

I have been adding tracking services to my large letters over $50 since being forced to return to Ebay due to the pandemic restrictions. I have refunded the only item that did not arrive ($10 plus $3.50 postage), but where items travelled slowly I have asked concerned buyers to wait, and all items have subsequently arrived up to two weeks later. By this policy, those untracked items will now be refunded after 3 days if the buyer opens a case (none of my buyers have opened a case).

What tracking services are other sellers using for low value TB2 large letters? The TB1 envelope fits into the A4 tracking envelope, but my Post Office says there is no equivalent for the TB2.

Regards,  Kevin

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

I couldn't see anything about 95% there.

Unless they're talking the Plus con.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

The email I received today, and that I assume the opener of the thread also received:

Action: Send Your eBay Orders With Tracking

Hi Found-in-australia,

It’s never been more important to track your eBay orders. Tracking helps manage buyer expectations and protects you against buyer claims. On October 1 2020, we implemented changes to how tracking is managed on eBay. These changes will affect sellers who don’t track their orders consistently.

We noticed you track some of your eBay orders, but you still send some of your parcels without tracking. This means you use a postage carrier that is not integrated with eBay, an untracked postage service or you fail to upload valid tracking for trackable services.

What this means for you

If you don’t provide valid tracking for at least 95% of your eBay orders:

* We will extend your Estimated Delivery Dates for some or all postage destinations to manage buyer expectations.

* If a buyer opens an ‘Item not received’ request for an item we will resolve the request and refund them after 3 business days, unless the request is closed. We will do this without requiring the buyer to ask eBay to step in and help.

What you need to do:

1. Use a tracked service with an integrated carrier to send and upload valid tracking on at least 95% of your eBay orders.

2. If you’re choosing not to use a tracked service, make sure this is clearly reflected in the postage option(s) on your listings, so buyers are aware and your tracking performance isn’t affected.

We only measure tracking performance on trackable services. All services other than Australia Post Domestic Regular Letter Untracked are considered trackable.

Why you should make these changes:

We’ve implemented stronger protections and sharper delivery dates for sellers who use a tracked postage service and upload valid tracking to eBay, which may also mean a higher placement in search.

Not only does using a tracked postage service help manage buyer expectations and create a smoother post-transaction experience, it also helps protect you from buyer claims.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

I didn't get that one.

My items are either tracked letters or parcels or untracked letters, clearly marked as such, so according to that I would be alright.

Or not, depending on whether the 95% is of trackable sales or total. As usual, there is a bit of ambiguity with the announcement.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

I didn't get it either.....maybe because I have already 'blown out' my handling time to 10 days (even though I post every day)
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

@found-in-australia wrote:

What you need to do:

1. Use a tracked service with an integrated carrier to send and upload valid tracking on at least 95% of your eBay orders.

2. If you’re choosing not to use a tracked service, make sure this is clearly reflected in the postage option(s) on your listings, so buyers are aware and your tracking performance isn’t affected.

I received the same email and also sell a number of low cost items sent by letter p0st.  I read it to mean to change my post from

Standard Postage

to

Australian Post Domestic Regular Letter Untracked

This should met eBay requirements.

Only issue for me is I use File Exchange and there is no Code for that "ShippingService" so I will have to bulk edit edit after uploading, adding considerably to the work load.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I couldn't see anything about 95% there.

Unless they're talking the Plus con.

It is hidden in the Spring 2020 update - you have to scroll and scroll and scroll and ...

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply